Fraying on almost 3-week-old Beaubourg strap :-(

lvmhgirl

Live • Love • Laugh
O.G.
Aug 6, 2006
Today I noticed that the strap on my beloved new Trotteur Beaubourg is starting to fray on one side due to contact with the zipper! :sad: The bag is just over 2 weeks old, purchased on Christmas Day. None of my other bags have had this kind of issue and all still look brand new and I have never brought a bag back due to quality issues.

I am taking it back to the store to see what they can do about it and am hoping they don't consider this "normal wear and tear" since the strap isn't leather or canvas! Do you think they will exchange it? Or if they say it is a known issue, do you think they will exchange it for a different style bag? I am just hoping they don't say I'm out of luck with this one since I've obviously used the bag or tell me to leave it for repairs and not see it again for a couple of months!

Arrrgh. So bummed. I really love this bag! :sad:

(The last two shots are lightened for clarity)

Attachments

• image-1939073639.jpg
    image-1939073639.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 933
  • image-3267291284.jpg
    image-3267291284.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 909
  • image-733593769.jpg
    image-733593769.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 903
  • image-3717264481.jpg
    image-3717264481.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:
MelanieJoyce said:
They will more than likely exchange the bag or repair the strap. =)

Thanks, I really hope they exchange it! :tender:

I've never had to have anything repaired but I've read on tpf that repairs take weeks/months! :girlsigh:

OMG!! I feel so sorry for you regarding your bag!! I usually find these threads really annoying, but your Beaubourg really does have a problem with it, and its only two weeks old!! That is just ridiculous!! I would say take it back to the store with your receipt, so they wont say that it is just wear and tear over time... Hopefully you will be able to get a new one or exchange it for something else as this is just not acceptable!!

Good luck and I hope that everything will be resolved!

L.Vuitton.Freak said:
OMG!! I feel so sorry for you regarding your bag!! I usually find these threads really annoying, but your Beaubourg really does have a problem with it, and its only two weeks old!! That is just ridiculous!! I would say take it back to the store with your receipt, so they wont say that it is just wear and tear over time... Hopefully you will be able to get a new one or exchange it for something else as this is just not acceptable!!

Good luck and I hope that everything will be resolved!

Thanks so much for your support!! :tender: Bringing the bag to the store tomorrow, receipt in hand for sure! :yes:

I have this bag, I bought mine about six months ago I believe and have used it quite a few times. This certainly isn't normal - they should be giving you a new one. Good luck!

Update:

Wow. Just wow.

Pretty much what I was afraid of...that I'm out of luck because the bag has been used. :tdown:

My awesome SA wasn't there so we had to deal with the person who greeted us at the door who flat out said, "we don't exchange any piece that has been used." and that they have never encountered that "issue" before.

I was floored (and honestly, quite offended) because if not for this issue, I would NEVER try to bring back an item that I have used and I have never had problems with any of my bags. It's not like this is a case of buyer's remorse -- there is an obvious defect that would not be evident until the purse was carried. I asked to speak to a manager and he said he was a manager.

The "manager" took photos of the strap and said he would send them to "corporate" for determination to see if they will replace the strap.

Really disappointed with the outcome. Buy a luxury item that has a defect that is only apparent after 2 weeks of use and the only option is to send in photos so they can determine "if" they will replace the strap? And the repair will take longer than the length of time I've owned it? It's really not a "strap issue" but more likely a zipper issue. So it will probably happen again even if they do replace the strap.

Unless the fraying ends up severing the strap, I probably won't bother with a repair. The damage is only visible on the inside part of the strap, so only I know it's there.

So sad :sad:

I still do love this bag immensely and still highly recommend it, especially since others own this bag without issues.

Attachments

• image-1089601842.jpg
    image-1089601842.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
Resolved! :tup:

Just wanted to let everyone know that LV corporate got back to me and let me know that they agreed that the Trotteur Beaubourg was in fact defective. They issued a store credit to me immediately upon receipt of the bag.

Very happy with the outcome. :yes: Thank you LV for standing behind your products! :flowers:

And thanks tpf'ers for your support! :love:

Last edited:
Resolved! :tup:

Just wanted to let everyone know that LV corporate got back to me and let me know that they agreed that the Trotteur Beaubourg was in fact defective. They issued a store credit to me immediately upon receipt of the bag.

Very happy with the outcome. :yes: Thank you LV for standing behind your products! :flowers:

And thanks tpf'ers for your support! :love:

That's great! Yet another example of poor LV staff/management though. They really need to train their staff to know A) how to speak to people and B) when to spot a defective product. I'm glad it's been resolved for you. Will you be buying the same bag again or going for something different?