Fraxel

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
Have any of you done Fraxel (specifically women of color).

What were your results and did it work? How many sessions did you need? What were your trying to accomplish with it?

Had my first session 3 weeks ago, and trying to get as much feedback from women of color who have done it as well.

Reactions: uhpharm01
Which one did you do? I did restore not repair. The less invasive one. I have olive skin and at first I saw a nice improvement because the top layer peeled off. But a few months later I have some spots that are way lighter then the rest of my skin. I was warned it may happen. Wish I wouldn't have done it. I didn't notice any tightening either. Its not really bad but I notice.
I've had much better success with chemical peels and that has helped with evening out skin tone again.

Which one did you do? I did restore not repair. The less invasive one. I have olive skin and at first I saw a nice improvement because the top layer peeled off. But a few months later I have some spots that are way lighter then the rest of my skin. I was warned it may happen. Wish I wouldn't have done it. I didn't notice any tightening either. Its not really bad but I notice.
I've had much better success with chemical peels and that has helped with evening out skin tone again.

I had restore. Had my 2nd session today. I personally noticed no difference after 1st session, but he took pics before session 1 and pics before today's 2nd session and there indeed is a difference. There's a big difference in the texture. No light spots. I always have to do hydroquinone every night for 2 weeks before each procedure.

I told him if I don't see a big change by next month, I'm not sure I want to keep going. Very expensive and I could use the money to travel lol

Reactions: cute_lil_fiend

My doctor must have cranked up the power on my 2nd session. My face is tight as HELL today (I can barely open my mouth and I am peeling faster this time).

Reactions: uhpharm01