Fraxel Laser?

roussel

In Strassland...
O.G.
Aug 14, 2007
I have. Yes it does remove some acne scars, but you have to do more than one session. I did this overseas for about $350/session. After I did the first session I can definitely see some improvement. I want to do it again when I go overseas.

bag happy

Just Happy
Nov 11, 2006
I am in the program now. I started with a photofacial and have had 3 of the 4 fraxels done. I have my last fraxel appointment next month and then will do another photofacial to complete the program. I have noticed improvement but I didn't stick to the dates that were suggested. My plastic surgeon suggested once every 3-4 weeks. I think the results would have been better. My only complaint is that my face is painted blue before the laser is performed and it's really hard to remove it! I can only have the treatments done on a weekend that I don't plan on leaving the house, I would scare the neighbors and small children. I paid about $5500 for the program.

If you're scarring isn't bad, why not try microdermabrasion first? I did a series last summer for about $2,000.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

oregonfanlisa

Cherokee H Princess
O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
There is more than one laser out there. You might look at the Palomar systems. This is newer technology than Fraxel. Two or three years ago I did a series of five treatments with chemical peel, Photofacial and Laser Facial. Worked wonders on my adult acne, discolorations, veins and mild rosacia.

Now I'm doing another series but this time it includes Palomar Photofacial, Palomar IR (skin tightening) and Palomar 1540 (skin resurfacing) with chemical peels in-between. This is through Pure Med Spa and it's called their "10 years in 10 weeks" program.
http://www.puremedspa.com/non-surgical_facelift_skin_rejuvenation.php

I just did the 1540 last night, so I am still waiting to see how this goes. But my BF has done the 1540 twice and it's a miracle for his aging skin. No joke. No one believes how old he actually is. NO ONE.

I know you don't have aging skin yet, but I guess my point is that there are options out there, shop around, and know that you have my very positive testimonial on the effectiveness of the Palomar treatments.

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
I had the full face Fraxel treatment today, and I am swelling by the minute!
My cheeks and eyelids are so swollen they look like water bags! every time I look in the mirror, I look worse. It is hilarious.
I was told when I wake up tomorrow AM it will be even worse!

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Thank you! I will ice, ice, ice!
The swelling and pinkness is pretty unbelievable!

...Also, I am doing the Fraxel series of 3 treatments for sun damage/ pigmentation/ freckles; not for acne scars or wrinkles. This is my first treatment and I felt it was unbelievably painful! This is the "brand new Fraxel" laser, the newest one available, which I suppose may be stronger (?). She did 8 passes of the laser over each area of my face and the treatment lasted a solid 20 minutes. I know 20 minutes does not seem like a long time, but when you are feeling the electrical shooting pain, it was an eternity! I did use topical numbing, but the laser penetrates way deeper than the topical anesthetic does. Some patients use demerol, or Ativan/valium for relaxation in addition to the topical numbing. After my treatment, the pain went away, but my face felt like it was on fire for about 2 hours. Now (several hours later), the skin feels tender, almost bruised.

oregonfanlisa

Cherokee H Princess
O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
Oh, cooper1, I totally feel your pain!!!! I have a waaay harder time with it's equivalent, Photofacial (different maker, different name, same result), than any of the other laser treatments, including hair removal! I need a very strong long island iced tea plus major Tylenol and topical numbing gel to take on that machine!! And new machines pack a stronger punch. Oy!

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Oh, cooper1, I totally feel your pain!!!! I have a waaay harder time with it's equivalent, Photofacial (different maker, different name, same result), than any of the other laser treatments, including hair removal! I need a very strong long island iced tea plus major Tylenol and topical numbing gel to take on that machine!! And new machines pack a stronger punch. Oy!

Yikes!
I had the photofacial laser across my upper back, arms, and shoulders for freckles last year and across the shoulder bone it brought me nearly to tears! It is a terribly sharp pain across the bones! I hate that photofacial laser!!! It totally sux! (It did work, but I was supposed to have 3 treatemtns, and I never even had the second! LOL!)

And, yes, I have had 3 glasses of wine today since I have been home from work. My husband and step-kids are laughing at my red puffy swollen water-bag eyes! I am laughing, too. It is funny!
I am glad we all have a sense of humor (a sick one, yes) about the pain we go thru for youth and beauty!!! LOL!