Frankie Owners

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. is the leather of the bag supposed to be more distressed and not as smooth and soft as the calf leather? i purchased my frankie a while back from ebay and it was very hard and "dry" feeling... now i am wondering whether that's the way it's supposed to be. in any case, i just ordered my apple care kit so we shall see...

2. I actually have two Frankies -- a Pale Sage and a Khaki. The Pale Sage was my first MJ that I ever got (Summer 2003) -- the leather is supposed to be distressed. It has folds & wrinkles, creases and scuff-like marks. It's supposed to look like that. I do notice that the khaki one (which is now in my daughter's possession) is a little drier than the Sage one, altho I do agree, this leather does seem a little dry. It is nothing like the Soft Calf leather.

I keep my bags moisturized either with Apple or Cadillac lotions -- this usually does the trick. If the bag is really dry (like the khaki has gotten) it might take 2 or 3 applications to soften it up and bring its shine bag. But don't worry too much -- it is a distressed leather bag & is supposed to look worn. I often wondered why MJ never did any more bags with this kind of leather -- I really like it a lot! It ages beautifully!