Francine Patent Bag-Strap Flips?

Love$Purses

Apr 13, 2008
Hi,

I just purchased the Francine Patent Bag in winter white and when I attach the shoulder strap, the bag wants to "flip" on my hip and turn upside down. I don't know if it will soften up as I put my things in it and carry it and lay against my hip nicely or what. Has anyone else tried on or purchased this bag and had this happen? The Coach SA told me that it is designed to wear across the body, but it says either/or in the description. Love the bag but don't want it to flip over constantly. Especially when I sometimes don't zip the top fully.:wtf:

Thanks!

That's what I'm hoping. You know they soften up a little too, so I'm hoping that if I keep it, that will be the case. I love having the ability to wear a shoulder strap or carry it by the handle. So few bags have that option, but because of where the hooks are on the bag, it seems to make it want to flip. Surely they've tested this.

I tried on the bag at the boutique when it first came out and found that same thing to be true. I didn't purchase one because additionally it was too heavy for me. Beautiful bag, tho.

Hmmm, that just doesn't sound right at all. I have a purple Francine and I use the shoulder strap with no trouble at all. I have been using it on one shoulder, not cross body, and it never wants to flip. Is the strap seated properly in the "saddle" that sits on the top of your shoulder? I would definitely bring it back to the store if you can't seem to resolve this problem. It just shouldn't be!!

Mine does not flip. There are two sets of rings. One closer to the bottom of the bag, and if you have the strap clipped to this set of rings then it will have the tendency to tip, depending on how long you have the strap. I have had 0 problems when I use the top set of rings, regardless of strap length.

I just received my Francine a few days ago in winter white and mine also flips. I think that the strap might be too thin for a bag that substantial in weight. I'm going to try moving the strap to the top rings like others have suggested.

Mine does not flip. There are two sets of rings. One closer to the bottom of the bag, and if you have the strap clipped to this set of rings then it will have the tendency to tip, depending on how long you have the strap. I have had 0 problems when I use the top set of rings, regardless of strap length.
hey , I am drolling over your teal francine forever (the small pic you have beside your ID). The teal color is just love. Can you model it for us someday !

Well, I'm perplexed. Mine is in the top set of rings. I hate to ask this, but could someone whose bag doesn't flip measure the distance from the bottom of the zipper to the top ring? I hope it isn't something quirky with the winter white ones, like misplaced rings. Too much to pay for a bag that the long strap can't be used. I love the look of the bag.

I went ahead and put my stuff in my Francine Patent leather bag and wore it out tonight. I saw a few women turn their heads to look at it. It does seem much more stable with stuff in it. I just love the way it looks and how it feels. It's pricey, but it's beautiful. I love the white. It's enough white to carry in the summer but not so white that you couldn't carry it after summer.

I went ahead and put my stuff in my Francine Patent leather bag and wore it out tonight. I saw a few women turn their heads to look at it. It does seem much more stable with stuff in it. I just love the way it looks and how it feels. It's pricey, but it's beautiful. I love the white. It's enough white to carry in the summer but not so white that you couldn't carry it after summer.
Sounds like all is well now, glad you're enjoying that bag. I love the White, too!