Francine, Francine....

Bella613

What the frell?
O.G.
Aug 22, 2008
I just moved to Colorado and hit the outlet in Castle Rock.
I've always kinda liked it, but didn't want to pay the price.

So, the outlet had a turquoise/teal (??) one for a heck of a deal.
The thing I need "help" with is:
1. Keep it and try to find the chocolate brown wallet.
2. Return and buy the chocolate brown version, keep the turquoise wallet I got, too.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks!!! :supacool::supacool::supacool:

Sorry, not enough coffee.

I bought the teal and matching wallet.
My friend said, "Oh wouldn't the chocolate wallet go so well with the bag. It'd make it pop."
I LOVE chocolate and brown, so I began searching for a chocolate wallet.

Then I saw the Francine in brown.....they didn't have that at the outlet.

For those who like the Francine, do you like it better in chocolate or teal?

Sorry for the confusion!! :borg1: :smile:

I like both colours. Honestly, even though I'm usually more into coordinating than matching, I really like the bag with the same colour wallet when it comes to the Francine. It just adds to the polished look of everything (both literally and figuratively).

As for what colour bag to go for, it really depends on your wardrobe. Which one do you think would work better? The Mahogany is obviously easy to wear, but the Teal provides a wonderful pop against outfits. I have the teal ergo and am surprised at how much it goes. If you wear a lot of black or bright colours, i'd definitely go with the Teal. If you wear a lot of colours that would clash with the teal, then the mahogany will be your best bet.

Either way you can't go wrong. They are STUNNING!! I'm extremely jealous ;)

I have the purple and teal Francine, and I love them both. I agree with the other poster in that I think the bag is better with the matching wallet.

The problem with the mahogany color is that I've seen both the bag and wallets where the coating had bubbled up. Unfortunately, it's a lot more noticeable on a really dark color. In some cases there was peeling, but I wonder if that occurred under display lights. My Bleecker patchwork wallet also has this issue on the brown patent patch too (it was one I got off Ebay a while back). So when I had the opportunity to buy the mahogany Francine at the outlet, I passed. So far no issues with either my purple or teal bags or wallets, but I just didn't want to invest further since it wasn't just one bag or wallet in the brown that I saw with the problem. Just wanted to mention this, but I would rather take a chance on a wallet than a bag, so if I were going to do that, I would pick the mahogany wallet and teal bag. I've never seen a teal bag with that problem, but that doesn't mean there are not some out there...I just figure that it will show less than on the really dark background. The teal color has a lot less sheen than the mahogany or purple.

Will the teal match with a lot of your wardrobe or clash? Do you ABSOLUTELY love the teal color or just like it? I think the teal color for a bag would get old after a while especially if you plan on using this bag everyday. If it was me, I would go with the mahogany bag and the teal wallet for a pop of color. That would be my choice. :yes: funny...I just realized I just bought the ergo hobo in mahogany patent and I have a turquoise wallet to go with....LOL

I agree with baglady39 on this one about the appearance of the mahogany.
In general I LOVE the Francine (I just returned my Teal one however because it's a bit too bold for me personally).
Having that said I have seen IRL the white, the teal and the mahogany. I personally think the brown looks more plastic-y and it looks bubbly and fingerprints worse. I actually think the leather on the teal and white is different then on the mahogany. The White and Teal seem more like real leather whereas the mahogany seems more like patent to me. If that makes any sense.

If you can rock the teal, i'd say keep it, its a BEAUTIFUL bag and makes more of a statement than the mahogany.
Originally the mahogany was my first choice, my outlet called me when they had one come in. I drove up to go get it and once I saw it, I decided it wasn't what I wanted (because of the things mentioned earlier above), so it stayed at the store. I bought a teal one two weeks later.

I wanted to add , I did have a winter white Francine at the beginning of summer. GREAT COLOR...if I was to choose between all the colors, hands down it would be the winter white. I had to sell mine because it was just too heavy and big for me but the bag itself was gorgeous and the winter white color is TDF in person.

Aw, thanks ladies!!
I appreciate the honesty and candor. Good to know regarding the mahogany.
I was kinda thinking that.

I LOVE the teal and I'm going to keep the teal wallet, too.

Do you all ever have "second thoughts" on purchases and then maybe want something more?? lol
I know you do because I've read about them. :drinks::drinks::drinks:

I'll post pics when I can.