Francesco Russo shoes designer

iamluthien

Feb 28, 2020
Today I came across some shoes made by the designer Francesco Russo, whom I never heard of before.
I started digging and in just half an hour I was totally obsessed by his works: his collections are just amazing and in his boutique in Paris he creates customized shoes for his clients.
Do you have any of his creations? Apparently they have been worn on red carpets and by multiple celebrities, even if the label is fairly new.
Post pictures if you have them please :smile:

Who is Francesco Russo?
Francesco Russo is a young and dynamic designer. He was born in Puglia (Italy) in 1974 and his mother was a seamstress, his dad was selling fabrics.
Fashion is something that came to him through his family's blood.
He says that his first inspiration came to him when he was just a boy: he stresses how much he loved watching his mom's clients doing their final fitting, when they were wearing the high heels to fix the length of the garment.
"It was like seeing a cocoon becoming a butterfly. That's why I decided to follow this obsession and decided to become a shoe designer: to create tools of transformation, of perfection. To serve the feminine desire, to serve the personality and the individuality of my clients...to be a coutourier of the shoes [...]
To me, shoes represent a micro-architecture, it's a micro-building that has to perfectly sustain the body and balance his movement.
It's a sculpture and an object of radical design"
it's a little extract of the beautiful reel on his website where he talks about his craftmanship and the timeless beauty given by his classic lines, inspired by the italian roots in classicism thanks to their ancient latin and ancient greek heritage.

Francesco was able to display his innate abilities for fashion design—for the first time— in Milan at the Costume Nationale where he designed shoes, bags, and accessories between 1996 and 1998. It was a crucial moment for this avant-garde Italian label. Russo’s next stage— between 1998 and 2000— was Miu Miu, where he designed shoes under the creative direction of Fabio Zambernardi.
His talent and desire to innovate led him to Paris in 2000, where he established his residence and accepted a job with Yves Saint Laurent (if you are wearing YSL Tribute Sandals, by the way, you are wearing one of his designs), in major renovation projects with Tom Ford, and with Stefano Pilati, contributing at the same time to the overall success of the brand. In 2008, he was named creative director at Sergio Rossi. Russo is credited whit the success of the firm, and this is evident in his refined approach and ability to combine precise lines in the unique, sensual creations he made for the label. Russo continued the trend started in YSL, with the creation of intricate and seductive shoes complemented by decorative leather elements, all characterized by their excellent manufacturing quality. His next step— in 2013— was to launch his personal design firm, dedicated to women’s shoes, and based on a strong Milanese inspiration without forgetting the experience he had acquired in Paris.

When asked what the main focus of his label is, Francesco replied: The pillar of my brand is sexiness expressed through timeless pieces with a strong attention to comfort in order to highlight the natural beauty and elegance of the female body and posture.

When asked "why shoes?" he replied: At the age of 6 or 7, every time I had the chance of being alone in my room, I put my mother’s shoes on and started to reproduce the movements I saw from clients. This is what fascinates me about shoes. The power of psychological changes they are able to produce in the person wearing them and in the one who watches.

I find his artistic persona extremely modern and classic at the same time. After designing shoes for twenty years for some of the major european fashion brands, in 2013 he went solo.

These are some of his designs! Let me know what you think!

1332132_3_large.jpg

Fashion-Francesco-Russo-Article02 (1).jpg

francesco-russo-shoes-cannes-1.jpg

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_felicitycarter_files_2019_05_R1B596-NAPPA-LEATHER-BLACK-1200x1...jpg

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_felicitycarter_files_2019_05_R1S584-SUEDE-BLACK-e1558272714552...jpg

15119362_25964918_300.jpg

w920_q80.jpg

• Love
Reactions: supercheap454