France/Italy, LV prices

1. Does anyone know/remember?

From memory, LV has always been cheapest in Paris. Can anyone remember roughly how much more expensive Italy is? For example, Dublin is a good 10% plus more expensive. Me and my memory, I can't remember, and I'm going back to Italy in a few weeks, and wonder whether it's worth my while getting my new LV there, or from Dublin? (or just jetting to Paris for the weekend! heheh)

Many thanks!

K

2. I was in France in September and the LV bag I had just bought in the USA was about 60.oo dollars cheaper...It all depends on the foreign money exchange rate....

3. From what i remember, the difference between Paris and Italy is very minimal --like 5% cheaper in Paris. I used to think that the rest of Europe would have the same standard price, i guess im wrong. Gucci, likewise, is cheapest in Firenze....
    --

4. Don't forget to factor in the exchange rate.

5. just wondering, does anyone know if Dubai is any cheaper? I heard that there is no tax there.

6. Also the VAT tax which you can claim... but not sure how it now nets out with euro being 20% than the dollar.

7. I bought my Cerises Speedy in Italy back in July. It was $765 Euros but they gave me back $95 Euros (vat tax) at the duty free booth, so it was $675. E The exchange rate at the time was good at $1.00 US = $118 E, so my purse came to $796 (about $200 less than US retail price)

8. As far as I can remember, it's cheaper in Dubai, not sure how much though. I bought the musette tango (short strap) there for GBP260 7 years ago, and it's now GBP340.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice