Scarves Framing/displaying scarf

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is beautiful! I don't really wear silk scarves but always love admiring their patterns. Maybe now I have an excuse to buy scarves. Do you think the framing would be be easy enough to DIY?

2. Thank you! I don’t wear silks either, but just loved this one! I had no idea about doing it yourself. I bet it can be done. They used fabric tape and stretched it really right. I wouldn’t have the first clue - honestly wasn’t terrible expensive though. I got museum glass and linen matting and it was about $300 to frame. It turned out being 44”x44”

3. It turned out beautifully! You chose a nice spot to hang it, too.

hermeslady, TeeCee77 and hannahsophia like this.
  4. I wanted to share the results of my Exceptional Tigre Royale Bandana scarf that was purchased at the Carre Club event. I want to especially thank @HKsai who was terrific in explaining the process of stitching the scarf to the mat. I was so buoyed by the success of his scarf framing, I hoped for a similar outcome on mine.

A local frame shop with excellent reviews was commissioned with the framing and I shared numerous photos from this thread and from @HKsai. They were a bit concerned about the challenge of sewing the scarf down, but having viewed alternate options we agreed to do the sew down to mat effect. We chose a greater depth frame a la shadow box style (about 1” deep) and the white silk mat is a close color to the bandana border. Super pleased with the final results and hope others share more success stories!

The original scarf unframed from the Carre Club event
    F48B436D-8EDA-4B64-B703-D30408169A9E.jpeg

Final framed silk
    049FD9AE-ED8E-4F16-9EC7-CB36DECFB79F.jpeg
    30E3FABA-A1D0-40A6-BB87-58C3C53F5A24.jpeg
    27D052C8-9C98-4D17-9026-9A8B5184ABFD.jpeg
    F63154ED-E193-4133-9DF8-73DE9265A17E.jpeg
    I will take detail photos in the morning when the light is better.

5. Omg, that is so incredibly beautiful, @lanit !!!

lanit likes this.
  6. Congrats Lanit! It’s gorgeous! I’m inspired!

lanit likes this.
  7. This is so so so gorgeous!!! It turned out exceptional :coolio: You are so very sweet. :love: I’m glad I could help!!!!! I showed my mom and her jaw literally dropped!!! :eek: For both the scarf and the framing. :hugs:

lanit likes this.
  8. Thanks so much Joanna, hannahsophia and Hsai! This thread helped enormously with the results!

hannahsophia likes this.
  9. Hi Bay Area H lovers! If you have a trusted scarf framer, please let me know, looking to frame my scarves. Thank you!

noyes likes this.