Scarves Framing a Hermes scarf

Here are mine. I did not frame, so I can still wear/use/switch around the scarves quickly. I used magnets.

photo-3.jpg

My fave scarves are 2 I picked up in Venice. I bought the hanging kit through hermes which can easily be replicated at a fraction of a cost using 2 magnets to secure the four corners of the scarf without damaging it (and you can swap the scarves as often as you please). The magnets are attached to a tension almost rigid rubber band like cord around a fancy metal push pin that anchors it into the wall. Here are my two scarves which match our venetian themed bedroom.

Attachments

• use2.jpg
    use2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4,997
  • use1.jpg
    use1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 3,885
My fave scarves are 2 I picked up in Venice. I bought the hanging kit through hermes which can easily be replicated at a fraction of a cost using 2 magnets to secure the four corners of the scarf without damaging it (and you can swap the scarves as often as you please). The magnets are attached to a tension almost rigid rubber band like cord around a fancy metal push pin that anchors it into the wall. Here are my two scarves which match our venetian themed bedroom.

Thanks for sharing! What's the name of the top scarf?

Conservation glass is the standard in the textile world for framing as it filters 97% of UV light (according to what my framer told me). There's a lot of debate in the textile world about framing under glass in the first place - textiles need to breathe, as Dressage Queen said, and I never put glass over my needlepoint pieces. Definitely acid free conservation quality matting materials throughout the entire frame, not just the materials touching the scarf.

Framing textiles is an art, so ask your framer how they are going to attach the scarf to the matte board - if they say anything other than lacing or rust free tacks, you might want to look elsewhere.

Edited to add - in rereading this, I hope I didn't sound too pretentious and know-it-all in my post. This subject is a passion of mine and I've seen several people who's work was non-fixable and they were so disappointed. I'm sure any H scarf would look beautiful framed and would only encourage people to ask a lot of questions of their framers so they get the best possible result.

I've been inspired by all the ideas here! Thanks! I have been looking for info on framing a scarf as artwork - now I know what questions to ask to make sure the framer understands what I want the final product to look like. I appreciate gaining some understanding of how to go about it!

Update...Hermes gives you five of the framing magnets/ wall mounts for a reason. The metal band hat connects he wall mount to the magnet that holds your scarf will just snap and break at random. My scarves were mounted not tight at all, virtually no tension-- just enough for the scarf to be square at the wall. I contacted Hermes and corporate twice wand never heard back. The set is by no means inexpensive so I am surprised the complete disreguard of the company to my complaint of the defect. An apology would have sufficed. Beware when spending a small fortune of their scarf hanging kit. I bought three sets...i could have bought another evelyne or garden party for that price! :pout::tdown::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I'm considering framing some of mine and I'm having a hard time because any I love enough to frame, I also want to wear :lol: Has anyone framed any scarves? Please share pictures (I'd love to see the rest of the decor around them!) and/or reasons why you chose a particular scarf!