foundation - why?

I wear foundation/powder depending because mine has SPF as Im too lazy to put on sunscreen separately as most i've tried are quite oily. =)

You should try the Neutrogena Dry Touch sunscreen. I tried it after someone here mentioned it and it really is great. My skin is oily enough that I don't need the added oiliness of most sunscreens.

Definitely start with tinted mosturizer. You might find that it is all you need! I wear tinted mosturizer in the summer. Some days in the winter I wear foundation, but not everyday. It depends on how my skin looks. If I can get away with not wearing it, I just use concealer and some bronzer. Bronzer actually hides a lot for me.

You have plenty of time to worry about foundation. The prettiest look for 16 is the very least you can get away with, a touch of lip gloss, maybe the barest touch of mascara on special occasions.

And your sunblock, of course. Make sure you choose one that's right for your skin, oil free if it's oily.

If you have such "problem" skin that anybody over 18 would suggest that you wear a foundation, get a second opinion from a dermatologist.

Also, whenever you have a particularly fashionable hairstyle or outfit, be sure to take lots of photos. Remember that hearty laughter provides a cardio-vascular benefit to people of all ages, and you have a responsibility to make sure that future generations of your family members get their share! :biggrin:

I will! thanks...but i have sensitive skin though ;)

Tammy is right.. the Neutrogena Ultra SHeer Dry Touch is actually a very good base before you apply foundation or powder. I love it. (I use it only on my face and I use other sunscreens for my body) It's not oily and I do have patches of dry skin also and it works out just fine for me. You should give it a try.. you might find it's the best $8 investment out there :yes:

Clarins has a lovely light foundation.

the reason for wearing foundation, especially if you are in a polluted city, is to protect your skin and nourish it. A good quality foundation, even if light, will do both.

Also, Mary Kay has a powder foundation and does great colour matches.

I used to wear foundation everyday before OBAGI happened to me three years ago. NOw, I just slap on my spf 15 or higher. My skin is free from blemishes and looks eventoned and fresh and glowing!!

I have never worn foundation, it is hard to match my skin colour and when I tried it my skin itched. I think, ex. at 16, you should find a good skin care routine and use a little lipgloss. There is nothing as pretty as healthy skin. I know some people have to wear it to cover things up, that is a different story.

[vogue];1384378 said:
Also try Clarins UV PLUS SPF40. It's non-oily, gives you a nice glow, and keeps your skin fair. (i'm also asian and have the typical ultra fair look. this maintains it!)

thanks vogue! will definitely try it on your recommendation..! loved your tips for my other thread too (on the black and white dress) :yes:

Tammy is right.. the Neutrogena Ultra SHeer Dry Touch is actually a very good base before you apply foundation or powder. I love it. (I use it only on my face and I use other sunscreens for my body) It's not oily and I do have patches of dry skin also and it works out just fine for me. You should give it a try.. you might find it's the best $8 investment out there :yes:

thanks! love the tips here! :love:

I used to wear foundation everyday before OBAGI happened to me three years ago. NOw, I just slap on my spf 15 or higher. My skin is free from blemishes and looks eventoned and fresh and glowing!!

Could you tell us more about obagi? I just went to the website and it looks interesting...how long have you used them before you saw results? TIA! :heart:

I have nice even skin and don't necessarily need the coverage of foundation, so I wear Bare Escentuals foundation and I love it. You can use it very lightly, just to give a tiny bit of coverage. It's available at Sephora, Ulta, and qvc.com. In the summer ( I live in AZ and it's HOT), I just use Neutrogena tinted moisturizer, love that too.