Foundation that is right?

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Today we were in yorkdale mall, it was a sudden trip so I just ran out there door the way I was. No makeup at all ( i know i never do this) anyway. In the middle of the mall there is a make kiosk sort of thing that had that power/mineral makeup. They guy of course buttered me up and put cream on my face talked a mile a minute made me laugh and continued to do my makeup for me. It looked good (under all those lights) and wanted to me to make the purchase. I refused and thanked him for his time and went on my way. He of course wants happy with no sale but oh well. I get home and look in the mirror and from a distance its ok, but up close you can see it on my forehead and and in different spots. I have combo skin (very oily forehead)I have even uneven skin ( the makeup made it look nice/even) still.... I dont want to be able to see where my makeup is. Anyway i'm glad i didnt make the purchase because i would be PISSED with the way I looked and the money I had spent. I did like that it was light and didnt feel caked on. My question is how do you know what is best? I dont want to spend a million dollars to only get it home and after a few hours it looks like hell. If that is the case i'll stick with 20$ fountain and not feel so bad when i have to toss it out... Help me!

I use bare escentuals. I think the best way to try any makeup is to go to the counter, have them try it on you and then get a sample and try it for a few days on your own. That way you can check it out in all different kinds of lighting and see if you like it.

How do you know what is best? IMO it's foundation that you can spot apply if you need to and it still blends in flawlessly with the rest of your skin. It doesn't feel too heavy but gives the coverage you want and a great 'finish' to your look.

I agree with kiss that the only way is to try samples so you can see them in various lights and see how they wear through the day.

I have tried so many different ones. Get samples and put on at home in natural light. Wear a couple of days to see if the consistency is right for you. I don't think there is any right "brand".