Foundation Recommendations needed for someone who blushes a lot

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, I blush a lot, and when I do it is NOT pretty. My whole face gets red, including my ears, and I get red splotches on my neck.

It is possible that this is due to hypertension, because it does happen more when I have caffeine, and I have slightly elevated blood pressure sometimes. The serious blushing only started after I had knee surgery, which took me away from my normal workout routine.

Anyway, while I'm still working on the underlying causes, I would love if someone could recommend a foundation that could make me look less tomato-like on these occasions. I would normally just go with tinted moisturizer, since I'm in my late 20s, but in high-pressure situations I'd like something stronger. Thanks!

2. I have really pink cheeks and I recently got the Chanel blanc base which really REALLY calms the redness alone and then i put their teint innocence compact on top and the redness is GONE! I recommend both products!

3. I would try and find a foundation with medium to heavy coverage.

4. I use a combination of tinted moisturizer and a heavier powder foundation. I'm pale with ruddy tones in my cheeks and this works well for me. I also blush easily. I use Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturizer with Benefit Get Even powder.

5. Right--but which one? I've never worn foundation before.

6. *Raises hand*...I'm super pale and super ruddy (never outgrew it) and I have pretty good luck with Smashbox's green tinted primer underneath foundation. Lots of makeup brands have green tinted primers, but Smashbox is head & shoulders the best I've tried so far. The green tint counteracts the redness, and the primer goes on fast - I don't have to wait forever for it to dry before putting on my foundation.

I absolutely love Makeup For Ever foundations - Liquid Lift (which I don't think they have anymore) or the High Def formulas have great coverage but aren't cakey at all. I'm SUPER picky about foundations as I've been wearing them for gosh almost 30 years now, LOL.

7. I was just reading about a new product from Clinique, called Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder. Here's the description from the site:

Unique mineral treatment measurably reduces redness on contact. It's lab-certified. Under its care and cover, visible redness and broken capillaries virtually disappear-instantly and for hours. Patent-pending formula helps skin "keep its cool." Oil-free, talc-free. With anti-bacterial brush. Appropriate for skins with mild-to-moderate Rosacea or reactive redness.
    [​IMG]

8. I was just going to post this Ronda! I just ordered it from Clinique and will give it a try. It looks interesting.

9. ooh please let me know how you like it! it seems too good to be true, but then again you never know...

10. I didn't think mineral makeup would cover a lot but everyday minerals covers all the redness on my cheeks and sometimes my nose perfectly. my skin looks pretty airbrushed with this foundation. I can actually go a little heavier on blush and not worry about the clown look :smile:

11. I have some rosacea in my cheeks, so I have quite a bit of redness. I use Kanebo Sensai's liquid foundation, and it covers all of the redness. Very happy with it!

12. I just woke up my dog from laughing at your avatar, shushopn.

Just recently I've been using some of the Redness Solutions line from Clinique and am anxious to hear your review on the Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder.

For the last month and a half I've been using Redness Solutions face smoothing cleanser, Daily Relief Cream, Daily Protective Base (the green cream) and also Clinique Almost Makeup in 01 Fair. I think it has helped and I understand that one must keep a routine for months to see results.

So...I would love to hear wonderful reviews regarding the Instant Relief Mineral Powder. I must admit - NOT a big fan of mineral powder. Just feels like dirty dust on my face. I want this stuff to work for me, I want it to work! I want it to work!!! Please work and don't make a colony of red spots settle near my undereyes.

Also I got the tube of Redness Solutions Urgent Relief Cream
    the stuff for Rosacea emergencies; didn't work at all, and that was the primary product I had been on a mission for. Very disappointed.

Every afternoon, the rosacea flares up right around 3pm. You could set your watch by it. It's embarrassing, it hurts, it throbs, gives me a terrible headache. So I make a feeble attempt to COVER IT UP before people stare at me. Just want to go hide when it hits me. My nose swells and it's difficult to get foundation to set on it. The swelling skin is so tight that the foundation slides off. So...it would make sense to use powder to counteract this.

So far, I do like the daily relief cream, the smoothing cleanser and the green cream. The Clinique foundation is the best foundation I have used in years. It even blends well with my pale pinkish/reddish skin. I tried Clinique back in the '80's and it made me break out and never used it again until two months ago.

So anyway, to the OP, I recommend the Clinique Almost Makeup. You're right, it is not heavy coverage. I personally think the heavier stuff calls even more attention to a red face. The lighter foundation detracts from the rosacea, and doesn't cover it up. I don't mind some pinkness as that's just that way I am. I'm happy if I can take it down a couple notches.

This is me at 3pm every day --->:cursing:

13. i know make up for ever has a green primer to counteract red, try that under their face and body foundation