Foundation/Powder for sensitive skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cammi2001

Apr 15, 2006
I've been using Studio Finish MAC for a couple years and it was great. But lately, I notice I've been breaking out more and making my skin just plain yucky. And I've heard that MAC can do this.

So, any recommendations? I would like a similar product. I have combination sensitive skin and tend to have break outs.

thanks.

mineral foundation!! i have the same-ish skin (mine's combo sensitve on the dry side) and i was using the mac powder foundation (studio fix? studio FX?) until i noticed the same. my esthetician at the time convinced me to try the mineral line she sold and i was hooked! i found a better color match from philosophy and lots of girls like bare minerals. the coverage is DIVINE but you don't look like you're wearing makeup at all. :love:

where do you buy bare minerals? or the mineral foundation at? (hoping someone says macys or dillards...that's the only 'big' dept stores in the dinky little town i live in)

cammi2001 said:
I thought about buying makeup online, but it just doesn't work for me. I like to try stuff on to make it sure it goes with me.

If you do a search, a lot of Web sites have sample sizes of the mineral makeup you can buy.

cammi2001 said:
I've been using Studio Finish MAC for a couple years and it was great. But lately, I notice I've been breaking out more and making my skin just plain yucky. And I've heard that MAC can do this.

So, any recommendations? I would like a similar product. I have combination sensitive skin and tend to have break outs.

thanks.

I had the same experience as you. After I stopped using that, I started to use just MAC Select Cover-Up concealer and osme loose powder. Now my skin is almost healed from that horrible experience :sick:

cammi2001 said:
where do you buy bare minerals? or the mineral foundation at? (hoping someone says macys or dillards...that's the only 'big' dept stores in the dinky little town i live in)

If you have a Sephora, go there. They can put it on you so you can try it out, and they can help you with color selection and show you how to apply. The starter kit is $60. Ulta also sells it.

If you don't have a store nearby, you can order on-line at Sephora.com and QVC.com (as elongreach said). The kit comes with a DVD that will show you how to apply it. Also, if you're not sure between colors, I would go with the darker. My skin is between light and medium, so I wasn't sure if I needed the light kit or the medium kit. The medium was the right one for me.

Good luck!

I so agree with everyone who said Mineral Foundation. I have very sensitive skin and it's the best thing. I don't even have to wear the foundation but will use some sweeps of Mineral Veil. It's fantastic way to look like you have perfect skin tone. It doesn't make me break out or have hives or any other weird reactions.

I have broken out from some other brands/formulations, but I find that Stila's pivotal skin works really well for me. Be careful though, their illuminating foundation made me break out (I guess the shimmer did me in). If you can buy things from nordstrom, they're great about returns/exchanges.

Status
Not open for further replies.