Foundation help!

LegacyGirl

I ♥ Chuck Bass
Mar 22, 2008
I've searched and searched through a lot of threads on foundation but I'm still not sure what I need! I have combo skin (t-zone oil problem and chin breakouts) and it is uneven. I would like something with an SPF and I'm going for that dew-kissed look. I don't want it to look too heavy but I will need coverage when I have breakouts. I've tried Bare Minerals and that did not work for me at all. I'm at a loss of what to do! I'm willing to try ANYTHING! As a primer I use the Monistat that everyone raves about here, it really doesn't help with my oil problem though.

TIA! :biggrin:

How did BAre Minerals not work for you, did it make you break out or some other reason? You can try Everyday Minerals (online sales only) they have 4 formulations of which "Original Glo" will give you that dew kissed look. It gives me adequate coverage during breakouts and more importantly they've got a huge color selection and I found my exact shade.

It's going to sound weird but it didn't cover my skin at all and just made me look almost dirty. I applied it just like they said to and even went back to the store for help but even when they lady did it for me it came out the same way.

I've searched and searched through a lot of threads on foundation but I'm still not sure what I need! I have combo skin (t-zone oil problem and chin breakouts) and it is uneven. I would like something with an SPF and I'm going for that dew-kissed look. I don't want it to look too heavy but I will need coverage when I have breakouts. I've tried Bare Minerals and that did not work for me at all. I'm at a loss of what to do! I'm willing to try ANYTHING! As a primer I use the Monistat that everyone raves about here, it really doesn't help with my oil problem though.

TIA! :biggrin:

oh no! dont use anti-chafe w/ oily skin!!

as far as fondt. , do you wish for liquid or powder? and what is the spending limit?

ie. low end liquid: double wear estee lauder
high end powder: la prairie fondt compact (powder finish)

I think you can try 2-way foundation, inthat way, you can wear it dry on normal days and also wet for that bit of extra coverage (on top of concealer). Not sure if you have ZA wher you are, it is a New York brand but I had to send them over to my BFF in States cos she cld not find it there.

Revlon's 2way works well for me too. Good luck.

oh no! dont use anti-chafe w/ oily skin!!

as far as fondt. , do you wish for liquid or powder? and what is the spending limit?

ie. low end liquid: double wear estee lauder
high end powder: la prairie fondt compact (powder finish)

I'm willing to try anything! And I read in the thread that the anti chafe was good for combination skin, especially oily skin...? All the girls were raving about how it controls the oil on their skin.

I'm not sure at this point whether a liquid or a powder would be better. I went to Sephora tonight and the lady just caked stuff on my face. I wasn't very happy with how it was looking. I picked up Make Up Forever HD Foundation to try. I just have no idea what to use on my skin, everything either ends up looking dirty and dingy or it drys my skin and settles into creases that I don't even have!

I'm willing to try anything! And I read in the thread that the anti chafe was good for combination skin, especially oily skin...? All the girls were raving about how it controls the oil on their skin.

I'm not sure at this point whether a liquid or a powder would be better. I went to Sephora tonight and the lady just caked stuff on my face. I wasn't very happy with how it was looking. I picked up Make Up Forever HD Foundation to try. I just have no idea what to use on my skin, everything either ends up looking dirty and dingy or it drys my skin and settles into creases that I don't even have!

ack! lol, thats a lot of 'cones for anyones face... if you absolutely must have a primer, wait till after youve found your HG fondt to match it. mufe hd is pretty good, the texture is watery/runny and wont interfere with oilies; i would buff on the HD powder to set it (w/ a fluffy kabuki)
also, if you get back to sephora... ask for samples instead so you dont have to waste money on products that you dont love :smile:
let me know how the HD works out for you!

I too have combination-oily skin, and I like to use Chanel Teint Innocence (compact). It's very buildable, it really helps even out my skintone and it gives you a nice, dewy look.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I used the MUFE today and so far so good. It does settle into creases a bit (and I'm in my earlymid 20s so I really don't have lines) so hopefully I can find a way to make it stop doing that.

It's going to sound weird but it didn't cover my skin at all and just made me look almost dirty. I applied it just like they said to and even went back to the store for help but even when they lady did it for me it came out the same way.

The color was probably not an exact match of your skin tone. One reason I don't wear BE, they don't have my exact shade, closest is too chalky and next best shade is a tad too dark. Exact shade will be the one I can't see at all.

I have combination skin and I use Armani primer with their luminous silk foundation. It works quite well. Another thing to try is a T-zone control lotion. I use Babor Perfect Combination T-zone Control (came as a recommendation from my aesthetician) before applying primer and it really reduced the frequency of blotting (from 4-5 times to 1-2 times/day).