foundation help

i suspect it may be a case of mismatch or oxidising.
perhaps you can go to other MAC counter and get another MA to try and recommend on you. See if it's the same colour as advised before.

MAC has NC and NW which I feel is quite good in skin tone varieties

I agree with you that MAC is hard to find a good color match. I've tried NC35, C3, C4, and C40 in Studio Fix and I still can't find a good match. I'm very olive to the point that I look a little green, and MAC is either too pink or too orange, it's hard to get an in-between color for me. Unfortunately I can't offer you any advice because I'm too broke to try anything else.

i agree with you, the NC is pretty orange-y and i find that it makes me look like i've had a bad tanning session or something.

i find that bobbi brown is more yellow-y. i use luminous moisturizing foundation and i like it so far. i use #3 (beige) and it's not orange-y at all. i used to use NC30 in MAC moistureblend and studio tech, NC40 in studio fix. hope that helps.

Prescriptives Traceless; a light foundation
Prescriptives Flawless Skin

I can't find the price and it is best to find a store that sells this line - it is a Estée Lauder high end product.

i second simplyelegant. i`ve tried almost every brand in sephora and out but makeup forever seems to have the staying power and doesnt have the pink/orange undertones as many other brands do. i apply my foundation on in the morning and i never have to retouch. i`ve foudn that makeup forever also doesnt get oily and greasy throughout the day. i was veryyyyy impressed :biggrin:

you should try mixing two different shades of foundation if you cant seem to match your color w. just one foundation.