Foundation for Dry Skin?

L'Essentiel Natural Glow Foundation (SPF 20) by Guerlain. is good (a little goes a long way). I can put a moisturiser on under and not have to wait before application.

Also, Bare Essentials Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation stick (SPF 25) which is what I'm wearing today. You cannot layer and build-up though. Put on as much (or little) as you need and just blend-out gently, that's it. It's quite nice for Summer as it goes on cool and then stays put. I have to say it's good for me too because they have a good colour match (and as I have problems matching due to undertone - everything too yellow or too pink).

You could also use Nars TM (which you can build-up - SPF 30) . No patchiness, no oxidisation, very easy. It's good in the Summer and powder would look odd anyway (if you use it).

Last edited:
Reactions: JenJBS
I'm 44 with normal to dry skin. Second vote for the Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue hydrating foundation stick! It's inexpensive and wears very nicely. The liquid Complexion Rescue in the tube is very nice as well.

I also really like Le Metier de Beaute Afterglow foundation, Armani Luminous Silk, and for a drugstore pick, L'Oreal Pro Glow. I've also always had good luck with Josie Maran foundations (as most of them contain argan oil), but I don't have any at the moment.

These are all good choices. When you browse one go for HYDRATION foundation. Every brand has a target for dry skins. I love my Bobbi Brown and Estee Lauder choices. You probably need a good primer too, to nicely prep the skin for application.

Reactions: jules 8 and JenJBS