Foundation dilemma... Tom Ford vs. Charlotte Tilbury...

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi all...

Very confused about my purchase....

The one two foundations I've ever repurchased are hourglass immaculate and years ago Dior nude.

My immaculate color is slightly too olive.

When I went to the CL launch at Bergdorfs, I tried her foundation and correcting pen and thought the color was so spot on with a velvety texture. And I really liked it.

However the combination to get that perfect color requires two products... Which is the same amount as Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting foundation....

I tried both on my face, the tom ford was a little darker, but was warm enough that I could feel comfortable without extra products. The tilbury in comparison looked a little lighter. Might I had that when I had these both on separately, everyone loved it and it looked great...

The CL would give me an additional .4 ounce of product. As the tom ford only has 1 ounce.

I am a medium olive skin tone and want to use the CL bronze and glow palette. So in that case am I supposed to go with the slightly lighter one? Or do I go for the slightly darker one?

The correcting pen only works with the tilbury foundation, not my hourglass unfortunately. Thank you!

Hi all...

The one two foundations I've ever repurchased are hourglass immaculate and years ago Dior nude.

When I went to the CL launch at Bergdorfs, I tried her foundation and correcting pen and thought the color was so spot on with a velvety texture. And I really liked it.

However the combination to get that perfect color requires two products... Which is the same amount as Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting foundation....

I tried both on my face, the tom ford was a little darker, but was warm enough that I could feel comfortable without extra products. The tilbury in comparison looked a little lighter. Might I had that when I had these both on separately, everyone loved it and it looked great...

The CL would give me an additional .4 ounce of product. As the tom ford only has 1 ounce.

I am a medium olive skin tone and want to use the CL bronze and glow palette. So in that case am I supposed to go with the slightly lighter one? Or do I go for the slightly darker one?

The correcting pen only works with the tilbury foundation, not my hourglass unfortunately. Thank you!
When in doubt and provided it isn't a massive difference to your skin tone, always go lighter with your foundation. You can warm the complexion with bronzer, and mix a small amount of any darker foundation you have. You can also look it to colour correction products, small pigments bottles of a particular colour to adjust your foundation shade (makeup forever do these particularly well)

When in doubt and provided it isn't a massive difference to your skin tone, always go lighter with your foundation. You can warm the complexion with bronzer, and mix a small amount of any darker foundation you have. You can also look it to colour correction products, small pigments bottles of a particular colour to adjust your foundation shade (makeup forever do these particularly well)
Thanks!

Hi all...

Definitely go lighter. Foundation darkens over the course of the day. Plus, winter's coming up and your skin will lighten with it!