Found weird defect on tassels, what is it?

AliciaDA

Aug 25, 2011
My baby daim just came in the mail from my SA at Barney's, as I was looking it over I found this weird marking on the tassels. What is this? Is this going to lower the value of my bag? :sad: Thinking I will have to return it :/

image-2212098305.jpg

image-601580565.jpg

hmm i never seen defect like that on tassels but for the handle it looks more like display item where ppl tried it on? i dont think it's used and returned item... but thats just my opinion...

Talked to my SA, she offered to take off 10% of the bag but I'm just going to return it :sad: it's really pretty but I think I just need to see my purses from now on in person before I buy them.

That looks like writing on the tassles!? And those handles look used! I hope you get somewhere with your email.

Yeah I'm so disappointed :sad: the only thing that makes sense about the writing in the tassles is maybe a stamp that was on the calfskin? But you think that wouldn't get past Balenciaga's quality control or something? I'm really curious to hear what they have to say about it.

Has anyone ever emailed Balenciaga before? How soon did you get a response?

Hmm, that stamping is weird. In terms of the suede, that may have been a display bag and unfortunately that is how delicate the suede bags are. I had one a few years ago that looked like that after two wearing. I sold it immediately.

It looks like the stamp they use on the back of material to identify the colour, etc. I would return the item as you'd have to remove the tassel to ever re-sell the bag and it'd be a hard sell to say this was an intended design. :graucho:

The stencil must be a Bal mistake -

What would really bother me is that dirty handle! - imagine paying over a thousand dollars for a dirty bag. Barneys should be ashamed.

The writing on the tassel looks like transfer, as if something had been pressed against the tassel and ink came off.

The handles do look a bit worn, but I've seen "new" suede bags in stores in worse shape. Suede shows wear more easily, I think. Just trying a suede bag on can mess w/ the texture.

That's so odd with the tassel. It does look like some sort of transfer as its just on one tassel.

And what quality control? Honestly sometimes I wonder if 100% of their item gets checked.

The handles wouldn't bother me as much as its suede and would be surprised if they stayed pristine. But you paid for it and you need to get what you expect.

Sorry this has happened to you as the bag is gorgy. Suede is not for everyone as the wear on it can look scary.