Found this little gem in my closet

Hi BP!
What a great closet find! I don't know where you can buy a strap. Hopefully someone can answer your question. It would be wonderful if you were able to carry it!

Hi BP!
What a great closet find! I don't know where you can buy a strap. Hopefully someone can answer your question. It would be wonderful if you were able to carry it!

thanks!
i am going to to carry it regardless but would love to have a strap! i had forgotten i bought it so it has been in my closet a few years wrapped in tissue paper and i am going to start using it in the meantime.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
What a great find. Do you have any other Dooney handbags with a strap that might match? If not, scout consignment stores to see if you can find a matching strap on a purse that's not too expensive. There might also be some places on ebay that sell straps, not necessarily Dooney, but something that might work. Depends upon how much of a purist you are. :smile:

What a great find. Do you have any other Dooney handbags with a strap that might match? If not, scout consignment stores to see if you can find a matching strap on a purse that's not too expensive. There might also be some places on ebay that sell straps, not necessarily Dooney, but something that might work. Depends upon how much of a purist you are. :smile:

someone told me about a store on ebay years ago but i can't remember the name so i am going to search for it. but they sold leather straps for bags and she said they made small ones with the clip that would work perfectly for this! i would not care at all that it is not a Dooney strap. i just want to be able to finally bring it out and use it! :smile:

Dooney.com has replacement straps on their website. They are priced at $25. You may be able to find a match there.

thank you! i checked but i could find was shoulder straps for the bags. i had no idea they sold them! i have not been on their site for a few years now. i will contact them to find out if they may have one for my coin purse.

thank you! i checked but i could find was shoulder straps for the bags. i had no idea they sold them! i have not been on their site for a few years now. i will contact them to find out if they may have one for my coin purse.

Are you looking for a crossbody strap or a wristlet strap? I found this 3 Part strap which should maybe work as a crossbody or a shoulder strap with the removable middle section.

IMG_1485553097.325029.jpg

Oh sorry. Do you have any other wristlets that have a removable strap? Ilovedooney usually has wristlets that are pretty inexpensive that you can remove the strap and use it for your little duck. Or maybe check on eBay and search wristlet straps. Good luck. [emoji4]

thank you!
i have no other wristlets with detachable straps.:sad: i have thought about checking ebay or even local resale shops to see if i could find anything.
there is no rush for it because i still plan to carry it in my bag without it but i will be looking for a strap in the meantime.

mautto.com has great strap options. Not sure if you can find the exact color but worth a look.

thank you so much for this site - so much to look at!!:smile: i will file it away "just in case"