Found my HG Blue Python Reissue BUT NEED YOUR ADVICE...

bbarae

My Sweet Baby...
Aug 5, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I finally got a hold of the Pre-Fall Blue Python Reissue I was looking for! I have yet to see it in real life. I wont be able to see it in real life until it is sent to my friend in another state and then brought to California (due to the ban on python). It is the last one in the whole country. I am so exited BUT I just spoke with my SA and he told me the following.

1. The bag is prefect on the outside. The leather and chains are in pristine condition.
2. BUT there are a few marks in the inside. Marks meaning indintations from the chain and kind of like scrath marks because the leather is so soft. :wondering

My SA is super professional and sweet and I appreciate him letting me know. He wants to make sure I am going to be 100% happy and he asked what I would like to do. He suggested the following...

1. It will be sent to Chanel for a fix but it will take a few months.
2. Can't look for another one since its the last one in the whole United States.

He wants me to let him know what can be done for me to be happy about the bag.

I am not sure what to do...I have a few Chanel bags which I bought a few years ago so the price was way different as you all know. For the $$$ spent on this bag I would want it perfect but its the last one. I need your expertise and advice on how to proceed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :smile:

I have the exact same bag, it is stunning!!!! You will love it in person. It is so magical, how in low lighting it almost glows. But it doesn't look metallic-cheapy-- it is elegant.

If you love this bag, I would encourage you to go for it and get it fixed if the damage is really bad. Did he send you pics of the interior damage? I'd love to see.

Honestly though, Chanel bags are notorious for damaging themselves in transport, as you said the chain can make an indent or scuff the leather. How noticeable is it?

p.s., congrats on finding the last amazing blue python on the country!!! :yahoo:

I have the exact same bag, it is stunning!!!! You will love it in person. It is so magical, how in low lighting it almost glows. But it doesn't look metallic-cheapy-- it is elegant.

If you love this bag, I would encourage you to go for it and get it fixed if the damage is really bad. Did he send you pics of the interior damage? I'd love to see.

Honestly though, Chanel bags are notorious for damaging themselves in transport, as you said the chain can make an indent or scuff the leather. How noticeable is it?

p.s., congrats on finding the last amazing blue python on the country!!! :yahoo:

Thanks LamborghiniGirl for your response! I hope we will be bag twins...:graucho:

I just looked at mine-- the interior is black calfskin. So to be honest, the minute you put your keys and wallet and phone in, there will probably be scuffs anyway. If you are patient, send it it be repaired. But if the damage isn't to the outside, and a camera can't even pick it up, I wouldn't blame you for wanting it now! Let us know what you decide.

i have that bag too and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!! i agree with what lamborghinigirl said though when i toss my keys in.. it gets a little scuffed.. but honestly the outside is SOOO PRETTY that you'll be so mesmerized you won't notice the inside haha. seriously it's like the bag glows sometimes.. like it's iridescent!! congrats your gonna love her!!

can't it be returned if you're really not happy once you examine it...
at this point i think you need to have it sent to you NOW...you're hooked!
we all know the feeling here! go for it!

Hi You guys...thanks for your responses! I can return it after I get the bag and examine it. I just feel a bit conflicetd with it not being perfect but the high price tag. I will have to make my mind soon and I will def let everyone know and post pics it I do get it.

such a gorgeous gorgeous bag :drool::drool::drool:

personally i think that you would have to inspect the bag yourself to see how bad the damage is. for such a high price that you pay, i personally would want a bag in a perfect condition even though if lets say i were to put my stuff in it, it would get damaged. althought the damage is on the inside...with such a high price, there should be no exceptions in quality....but then again it is the last one in the whole of U.S :faint:

also, when inspecting the bag my advice would also be what are your first thoughts/feelings on it. is it calling out to you? does your heart beat faster? or does the small flaw on the inside bother you? because if it does bother you, you will never be 100% happy with it, even though it is on the inside and you will not love it as much as you would if it was a perfect bag.

just my advice! :flowers:

good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide with. it is indeed a gorgeous gorgeous bag though :drool::drool:

Since it is your holygrail, have it fixed first. And when you receive it, then only decide if you want to keep it or return it. This way you can see it in person and decide before regretting.

Hi Everyone,

I finally got a hold of the Pre-Fall Blue Python Reissue I was looking for! I have yet to see it in real life. I wont be able to see it in real life until it is sent to my friend in another state and then brought to California (due to the ban on python). It is the last one in the whole country. I am so exited BUT I just spoke with my SA and he told me the following.

1. The bag is prefect on the outside. The leather and chains are in pristine condition.
2. BUT there are a few marks in the inside. Marks meaning indintations from the chain and kind of like scrath marks because the leather is so soft. :wondering

My SA is super professional and sweet and I appreciate him letting me know. He wants to make sure I am going to be 100% happy and he asked what I would like to do. He suggested the following...

1. It will be sent to Chanel for a fix but it will take a few months.
2. Can't look for another one since its the last one in the whole United States.

He wants me to let him know what can be done for me to be happy about the bag.

I am not sure what to do...I have a few Chanel bags which I bought a few years ago so the price was way different as you all know. For the $$$ spent on this bag I would want it perfect but its the last one. I need your expertise and advice on how to proceed. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :smile:

The inside gets scuffed the minute you throw your phone in. I wouldn't sweat the little stuff. The bag is 2die4 gorgeous! Enjoy it and dont worry.

def keep it--the scratches inside are kind of inevitable (even for me with short nails...) keys, watches, jewelry will leave small scratches inside when you reach in/out to get stuff

i have this bag and LOVE it, the color is totally breathtaking!