Found My First IRL Minkoff Shopping Experience a let down

Fendi84NJ

purselove
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
When I was really obsessed with Coach...I refused to order online and loved going into the store. Part of the high was definately the browsing.

But with certain brands I like now, like RM...I have been doing all my ordering online because of the limited IRL options. I only have 2 RM bags so far...and have ordered both from Luna Boston.

Today I was out with one of my guy friends and there was a 45 minute wait for a table for dinner...so we decide to go shopping at the stores near by. The first one I walked into was called Rogue. As soon as I entered, there was an RM Dream Bag sitting at the first table!!

I didn't even like the color, but was happy to see one!! So of course I push my way through to the bag table...there are MAMs, MABS and clutches. But BARELY any colors. I think only one of each so that was very disappointing.

Also, the sales people in this particular shop were horribly snotty. I was in there for a while and they never even said hi to me.

So now, I absolutely LOVE ordering RM on line and having so many colors available.

How about you NYC gals?? Are there better RM retailers in NY that carry a big selection?? Or do all shops just get a few colors? I live in Jersey and this is the first store I have come across that has RM. I am praying maybe NY has more to offer...other wise I am perminately shopping online. I could never buy an RM bag with the choice of only one color.

I agree with you that there are not enough RM options in stores yet.. unless you live in NYC. I think NY has the most options by far since she is based in there. I can't wait to have more of a selection! I don't know if the bags are just selling out really fast or if the stores aren't buying enough inventory to begin with but whatever the case is WE NEED MORE RM!!

Just the other day I called all the Philly stores listed on the RM website to find out what they had in stock and only one of the stores had RM in stock. Nordstrom (at King of Prussia mall) didn't have anything and when I asked if they knew when or if they would be getting more the SA said she had no idea. It kind of sounded like she didn't think so and didn't really care. The smaller boutique stores that I called, all but one, were sold out.

So sadly I am unable to go to my local stores to get me RM fix and sadly there will be no RM sniffing & fondling before purchasing!

Are you in the Princeton area Fendi84? I was just at Rogue Friday evening checking out their inventory... they had quite a few bags but none that really struck my fancy. And you're right about the sales people not being very friendly/helpful.

Zoe used to carry RM but I don't think they've carried her line since last year....

Are you in the Princeton area Fendi84? I was just at Rogue Friday evening checking out their inventory... they had quite a few bags but none that really struck my fancy. And you're right about the sales people not being very friendly/helpful.

Zoe used to carry RM but I don't think they've carried her line since last year....

I don't live in Princeton...but I like to hang there sometimes on weekends. The Witherspoon Grill and Mediterra are two of my favorite places to eat.

I checked Zoe as well!! Good selection of nice shoes, but no RM :s

I agree with you that there are not enough RM options in stores yet.. unless you live in NYC. I think NY has the most options by far since she is based in there. I can't wait to have more of a selection! I don't know if the bags are just selling out really fast or if the stores aren't buying enough inventory to begin with but whatever the case is WE NEED MORE RM!!

Just the other day I called all the Philly stores listed on the RM website to find out what they had in stock and only one of the stores had RM in stock. Nordstrom (at King of Prussia mall) didn't have anything and when I asked if they knew when or if they would be getting more the SA said she had no idea. It kind of sounded like she didn't think so and didn't really care. The smaller boutique stores that I called, all but one, were sold out.

So sadly I am unable to go to my local stores to get me RM fix and sadly there will be no RM sniffing & fondling before purchasing!

I also went on a KOP Minkoff hunt one day and came up empty handed!!

It is so shocking since you can basically get everything else under the sun at KOP mall.

I hear Short Hills mall will sometimes have a decent selection, but it can also be hit or miss. I don't get over to that mall much though anymore.

REBECCA- If you're reading this give us more bags lol. Jersey and Philly like to shop!! I probably sound like a baby being as I live close enough to go buy the bags in NYC if I wanted to, but it seems silly to shop in New York when Jersey has so many fine malls and less tax.

It is really hard for me to ever find RM bags in person. My Saks, Neiman Marcus, Barneys, Bloomingdales - none ever have them. There was one boutique out here that used to have them but it doesn't anymore. This is a big reason why I only order from online stores with a good return policy and good prices --- if I haven't seen a bag in person it is hard to bite the bullet and order it at full price with no returns because colors, textures, appearance etc. always look different in pictures than in person!

Im so sorry about your experience in that boutique! Believe it or not, I have never shopped for handbags in an actual store; they have all come via online shopping. The great thing about online shopping is you can be parked in front of your 'puter wearing a wifebeater tank top and undies, knocking back a Diet Coke, and clicking your way to bag bliss! (Of course, I'm not describing myself at all here! :roflmfao:)

I feel for you though, and I just can't imagine myself in some snooty little boutique doing my handbag shopping. Its just too much stress, having to worry about saleswomen and commissions, having them follow you, or conversely having them not pay any attention to you at all.

I suppose the solution (that at least makes sense to me) is to do your handbag shopping from great boutiques like Luna Boston who have a no quibble returns policy, so that you can touch/feel/eye your bag all you want and make the best informed decision you can without worrying about return policies.

HTH!

I know what you mean! We have NO RM places in ATL. There are two places on RM's site that shows they sell RM, but i went to their website to checkout the selection...and NOTHIN.