Found a fake pair of SFAMK at Macy*s

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
I posted this on HF and debated on posting it here, but I need to warn others that this could happen, because it could honestly happen anywhere.

About a week ago I was shopping in the Impulse dept at the Macy*s by me looking at Seven For All Mankind jeans. I was digging through a rack and found an unusual pair of Dojo Argyle green crystals which I have NEVER seen at Macy*s since they are an old style that's commonly faked (90% of them you'll ever see are fake). Upon further inspection it was obvious they were fake (someone returned a fake pair, as the real pair they bought, they swapped the tags). I brought it to the attention to the SA who then called a manager. The manager asked me how I knew, then asked if I was buying them. I said, "no, they're not authentic.". She turned to the SA and told her to put them back on the floor! I was completely floored so I went up to the management offices and told them. they said they would take it to a higher up and have them pulled until further inspection.

SO
the next day I go back and get this. They had them marked down on the clearance rack for 40% off!!!!!!! Now instead of $165 fakes, they are $99 fakes :cursing: I then wrote an email to Macy*s corporate to tell them that they are disowning their integrity. Of course I got a generated email that told me they forwarded my email to the GM of that store and someone would contact me in the near future.

I do know SFAMK jeans and would know if I was buying a real pair, but how would I know on another brand I don't normally buy? I'm terrified to even step outside of the box at Macy*s because no one there is trained to return these jeans.

Instead of contacting Macys try contacting your local PD and advise as well as SFAM.....that should kick them into action! It's onle thing if they innocently do it but if they are knowingly selling them then they are breaking the law

Are you absolutely 100% sure? It could be they contacted SFAM and they are not couterfeit

Instead of contacting Macys try contacting your local PD and advise as well as SFAM.....that should kick them into action! It's onle thing if they innocently do it but if they are knowingly selling them then they are breaking the law

Are you absolutely 100% sure? It could be they contacted SFAM and they are not couterfeit
on no, they're obvious. The stitching is all crooked and the crystals aren't the same type of crystals found on other SFAMK. Also, the hallmarks are wrong as well.

Contact SFAM.....I did that with some Joes jeans in TK Maxx (UK version of TJ Maxx) that were fake. Not sure what came of it but I've not seen Joes in there again

I found the same thing at a jeans store near where I live. Back when the pink A-pocket jeans were hot, they had a whole rack of fake ones. It was pathetic, they obviously had bought them out of some sleaze-bags trunk instead of from the manufacturer. Needless to say, I never went back.

I posted this on HF and debated on posting it here, but I need to warn others that this could happen, because it could honestly happen anywhere.

About a week ago I was shopping in the Impulse dept at the Macy*s by me looking at Seven For All Mankind jeans. I was digging through a rack and found an unusual pair of Dojo Argyle green crystals which I have NEVER seen at Macy*s since they are an old style that's commonly faked (90% of them you'll ever see are fake). Upon further inspection it was obvious they were fake (someone returned a fake pair, as the real pair they bought, they swapped the tags). I brought it to the attention to the SA who then called a manager. The manager asked me how I knew, then asked if I was buying them. I said, "no, they're not authentic.". She turned to the SA and told her to put them back on the floor! I was completely floored so I went up to the management offices and told them. they said they would take it to a higher up and have them pulled until further inspection.

SO
the next day I go back and get this. They had them marked down on the clearance rack for 40% off!!!!!!! Now instead of $165 fakes, they are $99 fakes :cursing: I then wrote an email to Macy*s corporate to tell them that they are disowning their integrity. Of course I got a generated email that told me they forwarded my email to the GM of that store and someone would contact me in the near future.

I do know SFAMK jeans and would know if I was buying a real pair, but how would I know on another brand I don't normally buy? I'm terrified to even step outside of the box at Macy*s because no one there is trained to return these jeans.

Wow!!! I would take a picture of the jeans then send the pic to SFAM for them to look further into... I think SFAM may "do something"... since its affecting their brand.

See what happens when an owner of fake "wants" the real deal... buying a fake will lead to "criminal temptations" like the person who returned the "fake" for "real"..... making even an "innocent" buyer "bad" from the temptation & pressure to own the "real".

I work at Nordstrom, and you would not believe the amount of people we have come in with everything from fake nike to juicy and pretty much every designer jeans brand and try and return them!!!

Fortunately our store works hard to train employees on how to spot fakes. However I'm sure a few have slipped through the cracks.

It is really up to Macy's to train their employees on how to spot these things and it is a shame that they don't seem to be taking the situation seriously.

Wow, that's horribly scary! Im glad you didn't just let it slide though. I feel sorry for anyone that buys those jeans. How awful of them to just put them on sale instead of pulling them off the floor.