Foster Parents - Fur kids

HUGE progress with Sabrina. She actually let me pet her for a few seconds! I think by the time her daddy gets back she is going to be a different cat. I let my hubby, Gregg, feed her today and she rewarded him with an allowed head pet. She hissed when he tried for a body pet but for Sabrina that is huge. I am really happy with her progress. She now only spends 20 hours under the bed instead of 24. Slow but sure.

Yaaay Sabrina! Baby steps, little girl.

Sabrina is out! She has decided she is done hiding under the bed and now spends most of her time out on the cat tree. Yesterday she even jumped up on the reading chair while I was sitting there. It was a quick stop for me to pet her then on to the table to look out the window. :smile: Also she will now allow me to come over and pet her any time. I only pet her for a few seconds at a time but so far there is no more hissing or scratching. Here she is in her new happy spot in the sun. She is waiting for the birds to show up so she can chatter at them. LOL

ps- Is it just me or do her eyes look a bit cloudy? I know she can see but maybe she has some loss of vision? Her eyes look the same in real life as they do in the pic. She is 13-14. It wouldn't be unusual.

Attachments

• sabrinacat tree.jpg
    sabrinacat tree.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 143
I think they look cloudy as well. They are a strange color. Glad she is adjusting so quickly! Once she figures out you are not the same as her Evil Step Mom maybe she will let you pet her for longer periods of time. Good job Sabrina!!!

I love short haired black cats - they always look so awesomely sleek.

Oh she is gorgeous!

Poor little thing------I can only imagine the horrors she was subjected to in her other 'home'. It is amazing how quickly they blossom when they are safe and loved.

Quick Sabrina and Hailey update: Hailey is doing great. She has really taken a liking to my husband which is not surprising. Her dad is gone and Gregg likes to sit and pet and play with her. She is obviously a daddy's girl and Gregg is a good substitute. I knew she would be fine, the surprise is Sabrina. I am not sure if pigs now actually do fly but Sabrina is a whole different cat. :P She will let me pick her up and pet and kiss her. She even comes over to my chair when I am working and rubs on my legs. If I ignore her she will jump up on my desk and sit in my way. LOL She has also figured out that if I am sitting in my reading chair I am probably not moving for a while and that is a good place for napping. I call her name and as she looks up at me just the tips of her fang teeth show making her look like a vampire cat. She is just adorable and now so sweet. I am so happy she is happy now.

Attachments

• sabrinadesk.jpg
    sabrinadesk.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 127
  • sabrinadesk2.jpg
    sabrinadesk2.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 116
Quick Sabrina and Hailey update: Hailey is doing great. She has really taken a liking to my husband which is not surprising. Her dad is gone and Gregg likes to sit and pet and play with her. She is obviously a daddy's girl and Gregg is a good substitute. I knew she would be fine, the surprise is Sabrina. I am not sure if pigs now actually do fly but Sabrina is a whole different cat. :P She will let me pick her up and pet and kiss her. She even comes over to my chair when I am working and rubs on my legs. If I ignore her she will jump up on my desk and sit in my way. LOL She has also figured out that if I am sitting in my reading chair I am probably not moving for a while and that is a good place for napping. I call her name and as she looks up at me just the tips of her fang teeth show making her look like a vampire cat. She is just adorable and now so sweet. I am so happy she is happy now.

I expect next week you will have pictures of the girls getting tummy rubs. :P

Sabrina has come a long way in a short time, hasn't she?
She is a very beautiful girl - I'm so pleased to hear she is relaxing and her real character is coming out....