Fossil Vintage Leather Tote...Opinions needed on bag and brand...*Pics included*

Sep 30, 2008
I have been looking for a very nice leather bag in a "camel" color with brass/gold HW. This will be a christmas gift from my boyfriend and I want to stay around $200.

This would be great for me because its large enough to use every day for work, and since I take public transportation I carry an umbrella/ work shoes/ lunch/water with me in my bag all day. I have felt a few leather fossil bags before and thought they felt lovely. I dont have the chance to see this one in person though.

Does anyone have bags from this brand? If so, I would like to know how the bags hold up, since $225 is not cheap IMO even when I have more expensive bags...

Here are the pictures from Fossil.com .... I would remove the key "charm".
6syij4.jpg

jinjeq.jpg

2zgzozq.jpg

That's a really lovely bag. I've heard great things about Fossil but don't own any of their bags. The brand sounds very reliable and sturdy. Looks cool too. I think you've chosen well!

I have a couple of Fossil bags, and they wear really well. I typically use them on rainy days, and days when I know my bag is going to get banged around. They have gotten smooshier over time, but do not have any spots, scratches, etc. My bags are not from the vintage collection, so I do not have first hand experience with that...

of them here in WA where it rains pretty much all the time. I like the bag that you picked. I think they have it in a really pretty blue as well, both bags look like they would go with denim, which is much of my wardrobe. I love brown bags because they go with everything.

I have no personal experience with Fossil bags but I love the look of them! I'm constantly stopping to see the display whenever I'm in Macy's. I really like the bag you posted, love the color too.

I keep a couple of Fossils for the days I bang around, am planning a "dirty" day (field trips with kids, etc), or a vacation, just because they're TOUGH. If you give them a little conditioning regularly, they'll last forever. I kind of like how they look as they get older, so I think this is a great choice for a work or everyday bag. I've been eyeing the Maddox Satchel, but I DON'T like the way the underside of their removable straps are lined with the nylon (or whatever it is) webbing. My daughter has a Fossil crossbody, and she finally just got tired of it. It didn't even come close to wearing out.

i love the fossil vintage reissued leather bags, got two, one is a small gray & camel messenger crossbody thats my beat around bag & ive got a lrg black messanger that i use for carrying my notebook and work stuff,,, i customized her alittle by doing some artwork on her,,,, cause i always have to be painting on something it seems like..LOL but you talk about tough and durable!!! & actually quite stylish i think!! .... Fossil is making some CUTE stuff these days!!! go for it!!! heres my lrg blk mssgner
56664dab.jpg

8ad26683.jpg

d6f3d727.jpg

eeabb688.jpg

It's a gorgeous bag! I don't personally own any Fossil bags, but my mom owns a Fossil leather wallet that she bought around 10 years ago and it's still in great shape. Plus, I've heard lots of good things about the brand. I say go for it!

i love the fossil vintage reissued leather bags, got two, one is a small gray & camel messenger crossbody thats my beat around bag & ive got a lrg black messanger that i use for carrying my notebook and work stuff,,, i customized her alittle by doing some artwork on her,,,, cause i always have to be painting on something it seems like..LOL but you talk about tough and durable!!! & actually quite stylish i think!! .... Fossil is making some CUTE stuff these days!!! go for it!!! heres my lrg blk mssgner
56664dab.jpg

8ad26683.jpg

d6f3d727.jpg

eeabb688.jpg

That came out gorgeous! What kind of paint did you use?