Forward shipping for ordering from LV websites in Europe

ilec

O.G.
Nov 25, 2009
Hi, I want to order from one of the Louis Vuitton European websites such as the France or UK one, and then use a forward shipping company to have them ship it to me in Asia. France would be even better as the prices in EURO of LV products seem to be lower. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any opinions? And do you have forward shipping companies to recommend? And are there any ways around having a VAT refund?

You won’t be able to do this. In order to order from the French website you would have to be in France, and be able to give a French address for delivery, it is the same thing for every country.

You won’t be able to do this. In order to order from the French website you would have to be in France, and be able to give a French address for delivery, it is the same thing for every country.

I know they don't ship overseas, that's why I'm asking about the companies that help you forward your packages and they give you an address in Europe.

Reactions: ildera5
Look thing is the billing address has to match up with the method of payment. If they find a discrepancy anywhere they will most likely cancel the order without warning. Therefore your only two options are either have someone physically there to buy something for you (and then ship it out to you) or you'd have to go there yourself

If you are having something shipped
Look thing is the billing address has to match up with the method of payment. If they find a discrepancy anywhere they will most likely cancel the order without warning. Therefore your only two options are either have someone physically there to buy something for you (and then ship it out to you) or you'd have to go there yourself
might be able to get around that with using PayPal. My shipping didn’t match my billing and PayPal texted me to ask if it’s an authorized transaction; I responded yes and my transaction went through.

That’s just one hurdle of many I foresee though. And I don’t know how you’d get the VAT back. I thought VAT refunds have to be done in person or dropped off with passport information in person.

No, a lot of the forward shipping companies across different countries in Europe have successfully sent parcels to the customers overseas that ordered from the LV websites and it is possible. If you don't personally have experience with doing that then I don't need your input. I was asking for recommendations of the forward shipping companies that might be a good choice.

No, a lot of the forward shipping companies across different countries in Europe have successfully sent parcels to the customers overseas that ordered from the LV websites and it is possible. If you don't personally have experience with doing that then I don't need your input. I was asking for recommendations of the forward shipping companies that might be a good choice.

Where abouts in Asia are you based if you don’t mind me asking?

You did ask for our opinions, no need to be rude.

I lived in Switzerland and tried to order from France website (we don’t have online store in Switzerland yet). I couldn’t get through because I need to have FRENCH Credit Card. Meaning it’s issued in France. Other condition is the address should be local. They don’t even ship to another EU countries if I remember correctly. You can send it to one of their stores locally to pick up in store. So at that time address is not my issue. I could also send it to store as France is only 2h away from me. My problem is that my Swiss’ Card wasn’t valid for LV online purchase. The other thing that stopped me from online ordering is that I couldn’t get vat refund for online purchase whilst in store, being Switzerland resident (non EU) I can claim it. So in other words, to claim the vat refund you have to physically come to the store. This is confirmed by their CS via email. Yes I did email them asking why my purchase didn’t get through, lol. Please also note your country regulation for importing goods. Forwarder can help you pay the duty on your behalf though

That was last year, you can check again with their CS for current term.

Last edited:
Where did you get this info? I believe for others but LV? I am curious to know this. Having answered by LV directly, my guess is they also help with payment unless the customers has local credit card. And curious how they can have the vat refund. Otherwise they act like reseller or personal shopper rather than forwarder. That I understand

I heard of someone doing this. You can’t get vat back since you are shipping within EU or UK. But given LV is price about 25-35% cheaper than the price in Asia, even without vat back, you will still come out ahead despite having to pay forwarding fee. But of course you need a trust worthy forwarding company that’s not going to steal your stuff. Depending on your risk tolerance, you may want to rethink that strategy. Plus you may also be taxed when the said item enters your country. You may ended up paying about the same or slightly less than buying in your country.

I lived in Switzerland and tried to order from France website (we don’t have online store in Switzerland yet). I couldn’t get through because I need to have FRENCH Credit Card. Meaning it’s issued in France. Other condition is the address should be local. They don’t even ship to another EU countries if I remember correctly. You can send it to one of their stores locally to pick up in store. So at that time address is not my issue. I could also send it to store as France is only 2h away from me. My problem is that my Swiss’ Card wasn’t valid for LV online purchase. The other thing that stopped me from online ordering is that I couldn’t get vat refund for online purchase whilst in store, being Switzerland resident (non EU) I can claim it. So in other words, to claim the vat refund you have to physically come to the store. This is confirmed by their CS via email. Yes I did email them asking why my purchase didn’t get through, lol. Please also note your country regulation for importing goods. Forwarder can help you pay the duty on your behalf though

That was last year, you can check again with their CS for current term.
Just a couple of weeks ago, I used my Amex (issued in the USA) to buy something on the French website and had it delivered to the Cannes store (Click & Collect). It was for my mom’s birthday (she lives in Cannes, I live in the US). She went to pick it up once the item arrived at the boutique.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iana24
Just a couple of weeks ago, I used my Amex (issued in the USA) to buy something on the French website and had it delivered to the Cannes store (Click & Collector). It was for my mom’s birthday (she lives in Cannes, I live in the US). She went to pick it up once the item arrived at the boutique.
Oh really? Do they change the term? Or maybe they accept US credit card. Well I always thought Swiss CC is very reliable, lol. Thanks @fabuleux for this info. I might try again next time.

Reactions: fabuleux