Fortunes of Jypsieres, an Ode...

Jypsiere fans, what's your favorite way to carry your bag? Cross-body, shoulder/hobo? Flap in or out?

I've had mine for about a month now, and have been playing around with different options - It's a 28cm in Bleu Paon Clemence and it's a good size for my frame (5'0, size 6 bottom, size 10-12 top). I'm not a fan of cross body unless its a bag that hugs my hips, so I ended up switching to a shoulder style...

The SA showed me the usual way of attaching both clips to one ring, and using a twilly to tie the folded end to the other ring. Instead, I separated the strap and used a gavroche to tie the buckle to the ring...it would work with a twilly (and look neater), but I could not find one I liked to match my clothes. A couple of pictures of different ways to attach the strap to the bag at a shorter shoulder length. On me, I prefer the one where the knot is hidden.

I usually leave the flap out, and hook the straps (one or two depending on how often I need to reach into the bag).

I tried tucking the flap in, and while I like how it looks, it just seemed so insecure for walking around the city, especially carried crossbody in this size. Maybe in the larger sizes, it would work better, or once it's nicely broken in. But for now...I think it's an invitation to dig for goodies.

I adore this colour - it goes with my blue/grey/black clothes, as well as my lighter cream/pinks - I tend to dress on the casual end of business casual, so the bag dresses up my outfits, even though it has a very casual look. Another reason I like the shoulder v/s cross body look. I would have loved a B or K (hehe, obviously) but couldn't get one. Of all the secondary bags I tried - Lindy, Bolide, Plume, Octagon but none of them suit me as much as the J.
View attachment 3420191 View attachment 3420192

That's so beautiful!! Congrats! I spotted this one in Berlin a month ago too !ImageUploadedByPurseForum1469598434.154537.jpg

Yes, mine show up as well as I used my J31 alot especially when i travel. But it didn't bother me much as i see it as a 'marking' of my journey and i know i can send it back for Spa later if needed [emoji6] i just love my J in bi-color and i remember urs is 'cousin' of mine... so no worries, be happy [emoji6]

Hi ladies, have you experienced impression marks at the back of your J's where the pockets are? I'm so stressed with how mine are.. It somehow attracts dirt? I seldom where dark pants with it as the color of denim however light transfers to the bag which makes my life more stressful![emoji51] Though I so love the bag that I'm considering another one soon...
Yes, mine show up as well as I used my J31 alot especially when i travel. But it didn't bother me much as i see it as a 'marking' of my journey and i know i can send it back for Spa later if needed [emoji6] i just love my J in bi-color and i remember urs is 'cousin' of mine... so no worries, be happy [emoji6]

Reactions: Txoceangirl
Jypsiere fans, what's your favorite way to carry your bag? Cross-body, shoulder/hobo? Flap in or out?

I've had mine for about a month now, and have been playing around with different options - It's a 28cm in Bleu Paon Clemence and it's a good size for my frame (5'0, size 6 bottom, size 10-12 top). I'm not a fan of cross body unless its a bag that hugs my hips, so I ended up switching to a shoulder style...

The SA showed me the usual way of attaching both clips to one ring, and using a twilly to tie the folded end to the other ring. Instead, I separated the strap and used a gavroche to tie the buckle to the ring...it would work with a twilly (and look neater), but I could not find one I liked to match my clothes. A couple of pictures of different ways to attach the strap to the bag at a shorter shoulder length. On me, I prefer the one where the knot is hidden.

I usually leave the flap out, and hook the straps (one or two depending on how often I need to reach into the bag).

I tried tucking the flap in, and while I like how it looks, it just seemed so insecure for walking around the city, especially carried crossbody in this size. Maybe in the larger sizes, it would work better, or once it's nicely broken in. But for now...I think it's an invitation to dig for goodies.

I adore this colour - it goes with my blue/grey/black clothes, as well as my lighter cream/pinks - I tend to dress on the casual end of business casual, so the bag dresses up my outfits, even though it has a very casual look. Another reason I like the shoulder v/s cross body look. I would have loved a B or K (hehe, obviously) but couldn't get one. Of all the secondary bags I tried - Lindy, Bolide, Plume, Octagon but none of them suit me as much as the J.
View attachment 3420191 View attachment 3420192
Nice color J you got here! I used J the most although i have B & K already because it is so versatile that allow me to make it a shoulder bag or cross body bag whenever I feel like. And it is also 'less obvious' H bag and make me feel more comfortable to travel with. I Personally didnt have any trouble with the flap opening but i do find it heavy, so i usually replace the strap with scarf or use fendi strap (only lighter by a bit, LOL)[emoji16]

IMG_0671.JPG
I'm new to the J28 family. I have sealant questions. I noticed the bag has a lot of sealant on the top and on the bottom edge (posterior side of the bag), where it rubs against my pants. Do you have any worries about it cracking or failing?
Does hot or cold weather effect it?
I also have a leather question. I've had negonda bags that were great in moderate rain. How does clemence do in the elements?
Thank you in advance for anything you can tell me about your bag experiences.

I have worn mine quite a bit, not so much in the rain (i have rainy day-specific bags and they aren't H!). The edge treatment is fine and I haven't seen anyone have problems with that on the forum here (and if you did I am sure the H spa would fix it). Clemence is lovely and I always dry it asap if it does get rain or snow droplets.

Reactions: chica727
View attachment 3551962
I'm new to the J28 family. I have sealant questions. I noticed the bag has a lot of sealant on the top and on the bottom edge (posterior side of the bag), where it rubs against my pants. Do you have any worries about it cracking or failing?
I also have a leather question. I've had negonda bags that were great in moderate rain. How does clemence do in the elements?
I've had mine for over 5 years and it's going strong. I haven't had any issues with resin sealant. Out of all H leathers, i think Clemence is one of the most durable. I don't wear mine in a downpour but occassional droplets can be easily wiped with no long standing consequences. The only caveat i have is that Clemence is a very supple leather, so you may see slouches or indentation on the back of the bag. I was told that is normal wear. Yours is gorgeous. Wear it well and please post a mod photo. :smile:

View attachment 3551962
My clemence J has go through snow, rain, sunny days and still holding strong! No sign of sealant issue but does look slouchy than before. Well, guess it can't hold against gravity, lol... no worries, if anything happens, just send it back to H store. Tats one of the reason why I willing to pay more for it [emoji16]

Reactions: prepster
I'm a newbie to this forum, but I've become obsessed with the Jypsiere bag. I know it doesn't hold its value like a Kelly or Birkin but it seems so useful. The question I have and couldn't locate in the forums was whether the boutiques have different colors than the versions online. I saw a picture of a cream colored one from 2009.

I'm a newbie to this forum, but I've become obsessed with the Jypsiere bag. I know it doesn't hold its value like a Kelly or Birkin but it seems so useful. The question I have and couldn't locate in the forums was whether the boutiques have different colors than the versions online. I saw a picture of a cream colored one from 2009.
J is one of my most used Hermes bags. As for the color options, i dont think there are set colors that stores stock. It varies, just like all other H bags. :smile:

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using PurseForum mobile app

J is one of my most used Hermes bags. As for the color options, i dont think there are set colors that stores stock. It varies, just like all other H bags. :smile:
Love my J. I feel like online they have more of the "classic" colors like blue Jean and orange. The stores have more seasonal color selection.

Thanks! It looks like I'll have an excuse to start visiting various Hermes stores when I go on vacation. (Chicago is my closest Hermes).

Hey Jypsy lovers... I am trying to decide if I want to return a Lindy 30 for a Jypsiere 28, which has been on my radar for a while now... but I have to ask why it seems like the J isn't a popular bag, compared to other Hermès bags, nor does it seem to keep its resale value very well. It seems to me like the perfect cross between an Evelyne and a Kelly, but I haven't found many reviews or opinions on this bag, aside from this thread, which I've read from the beginning. If you have a Jypsiere, do you regret it? Do you think this is a bag that just needs to "catch fire" with some celebs before it finds its legs? Any opinions on the subject of this beautiful bag would be appreciated! TIA!! :biggrin:

I have 2 J28s and love them both. It's a casual everyday bag and for me the 28 is a perfect size, but for those that need something bigger it gets heavy in the larger sizes. I personally like that it's not everywhere. (The Evie has a much larger following but it's not my personal taste.). It is similar to the K in hardware but the functionally is completely different. For me they fulfill very different purposes.