Former Coach fan. Keep my Coach?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
My first high quality bags were Coach, not even a year ago yet!

Since then I have gotten a Louis Vuitton and Gucci bags. Just 1 of each, and I have 2 Coach bags.

I'm not so much of a Coach fan anymore... I kind of want to sell them and buy new bags but it's so hard because I liked them a lot at one point and I wonder if maybe I will get good use out of them, like maybe signature Coach would be good one day or be more suited for something over Signature Louis Vuitton or Gucci? I don't want to regret it but I can't see myself carrying them anymore...

Anyone else face this problem? What did you do, did you just keep your Coach bags or did you sell them and get other ones?

(Whichever brands/designers that may apply to you)

Oh, definitely - if they have any meaning to you at all, keep them, if you can afford it. I sold a favored Coach a few years ago, and regretted ever since - I bought a similiar one on eBay just recently so I could have it back. I missed it! I know I'll carry it again! Maybe just not right now - but I will.

Maybe you could just put them on a shelf, and if you haven't reached for them in, say, 6 months, then get rid of one of them. If you haven't reached for the other after 1 year, then get rid of that one, too. You may find that you find occasions that they are perfectly suited for, especially times when you don't want to bring out a really pricey bag.

I would definately say keep them unless you need to sell them for the money.

I have regretted selling a few of mine. It is better to keep them for a while and if, after a reasonable amount of time, you still feel that you want to sell them then do it but don't do it on a whim - you will regret it.

Just take a look at the Coach sub-forum and you will remember why you fell in love with them in the first place. That always works for me.

I sold a Gucci bag and when I saw the same one on the forum I regretted selling mine.

I was a HUGE Coach fan for several years and then the bags started getting ugly (in my opinion) a couple of years ago, so I stopped buying them and moved on to Chloe. I havent been into a Coach store since, UNTIL the PCE event this week.

I have bought several bags, cardigans, etc and based on what I saw for the Fall line coming out on Thursday, I'm back into Coach. Until they come out with something stupid again like embroidered fish on a bag, I'm here to stay.

One you go up, you can never go down LOL

I say keep it. I've found my Coach stuff never sold as quickly or as well as my Louis or Guccis. They don't retain their value as well.

I know how you feel. I was obsessed with Coach for years...until I joined tPF, actually! This forum's opened my eyes to the wonderland of incredible purses out there, and Coach just doesn't measure up any more! I've gotten rid of about 7 in the past two weeks alone, and I still have 14!! The classic ones I'm going to keep, but the newer ones just aren't that great. I also can't stand having the same purse as every other person walking around! I say if they're classic pieces, I'd keep them since you only have two, otherwise get rid of 'em and use the money towards something you really love now!

Keep them for about six months or so. Then if you don't use them I would say sell them.

I recently sold about 12 Coach purses on ebay. They had been sitting in my closet not getting used. They actually sold pretty well. Judging from my own experience, there is definately a market for used Coach purses on ebay.