former child star Patty Duke dies, age 69

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
Oscar-winning former child star Patty Duke dies, age 69

Patty Duke, the teen who won an Oscar for The Miracle Worker and later played "identical cousins" in her own TV sitcom, has died. She was 69.

The news was confirmed Tuesday by one of her representatives, Mitchell Stubbs.

"Anna 'Patty Duke' Pearce passed away this morning March 29, 2016 at 1:20 am," his statement read. "Her cause of death was sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a mental health advocate and a cultural icon. She will be missed."

Duke's last tweets, earlier this month, alluded to being "absent" recently.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...r-child-star-patty-duke-dies-age-69/82382666/

"But Patty's only seen the sights a girl can see from Brooklyn Heights. What a crazy pair. But they're cousssinnnns."

RIP to her. She was an amazing actress.
Great tribute! Yes, she was special. I loved her later years in roles she did for lifetime, Hallmark TV.
I will miss her:heart:

I really loved her when I was a kid - The Miracle Worker made a huge impression on me and I was a fan of both Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft for life after seeing it. She seemed like an interesting woman. RIP

Oscar-winning actress Patty Duke dies aged 69 of sepsis from a ruptured intestine
Patty Duke passed away on Tuesday at the age of 69 of sepsis from a ruptured intestine
'She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a mental health advocate and a cultural icon,' said her rep Michael Stubbs in a statement
Duke, who was born Anna Duke, shot to fame as a teenager winning an Oscar at 16 for playing Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker
She followed that with three seasons on The Patty Duke Show, where she starred as two wildly different cousins
Duke then took on the iconic role of Neely O'Hara in the big-screen adaptation of Valley of the Dolls
She was married four times and had three sons, actors Sean and Mackenzie Aston and Kevin Pearce

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sepsis-ruptured-intestine.html#ixzz44K5HJIiP

She had a tough life yet shared her incredible talent as well as campaigned for mental health treatment. Another great gone too soon.

As berrydiva said, 2016 is on a record pace for losing great performers.