former child star Patty Duke dies, age 69

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Oscar-winning former child star Patty Duke dies, age 69

Patty Duke, the teen who won an Oscar for The Miracle Worker and later played "identical cousins" in her own TV sitcom, has died. She was 69.

The news was confirmed Tuesday by one of her representatives, Mitchell Stubbs.

"Anna 'Patty Duke' Pearce passed away this morning March 29, 2016 at 1:20 am," his statement read. "Her cause of death was sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a mental health advocate and a cultural icon. She will be missed."

Duke's last tweets, earlier this month, alluded to being "absent" recently.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/03/29/oscar-winning-former-child-star-patty-duke-dies-age-69/82382666/

2. "But Patty's only seen the sights a girl can see from Brooklyn Heights. What a crazy pair. But they're cousssinnnns."

RIP to her. She was an amazing actress.

3. Aww, I liked her, she was so talented. Her sons are talented and relatively normal for Hollywood kids. RIP.

4. wow, kind of an odd way to go
    you never know
    RIP

5. Oh no! I loved the Patty Duke show. 2016 is on a mission.

6. Great tribute! Yes, she was special. I loved her later years in roles she did for lifetime, Hallmark TV.
    I will miss her:heart:

7. I really loved her when I was a kid - The Miracle Worker made a huge impression on me and I was a fan of both Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft for life after seeing it. She seemed like an interesting woman. RIP

8. Oscar-winning actress Patty Duke dies aged 69 of sepsis from a ruptured intestine
    Patty Duke passed away on Tuesday at the age of 69 of sepsis from a ruptured intestine
    'She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a mental health advocate and a cultural icon,' said her rep Michael Stubbs in a statement
    Duke, who was born Anna Duke, shot to fame as a teenager winning an Oscar at 16 for playing Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker
    She followed that with three seasons on The Patty Duke Show, where she starred as two wildly different cousins
    Duke then took on the iconic role of Neely O'Hara in the big-screen adaptation of Valley of the Dolls
    She was married four times and had three sons, actors Sean and Mackenzie Aston and Kevin Pearce

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3514315/Oscar-winning-actress-Patty-Duke-dies-aged-69-sepsis-ruptured-intestine.html#ixzz44K5HJIiP

9. I remember watching this show when I was a kid. She was way too young to pass.

10. So sad

We lost Bowie and Alan Rickman at the same age. Way too young :sad:

11. She had a tough life yet shared her incredible talent as well as campaigned for mental health treatment. Another great gone too soon.

As berrydiva said, 2016 is on a record pace for losing great performers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice