Formal shorts

Aug 31, 2008
Can we discuss?

All of a sudden I've decided that I love this idea. I ordered a black silk pair from Bloomingdales F&F to play with.

Free People Washed Silk Charmeuse Pleated Shorts -- http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=464377&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

I also saw this look on moodboard, which I thought was very cute -- http://moodboard.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/06/my-entry.html

Do you wear formal shorts? How do you style them? Do you completely hate the very thought? :biggrin:

I live in a part of the country that gets VERY hot and humid in the summer. There have been days at work where we are allowed to wear dress shorts (no denim or khaki but truly dress shorts). I will wear my Express black dress shorts (they are made of of their trouser material), a short sleeve fitted button down shirt, a skinny belt and either heels or dressy wedges. I think the look can be sophisticated and comfortable at the same time when done correctly.

Oh I love the Free People ones you recommended! I think silk shorts instantly galms up the outfit! I also love tweed shorts and happened to wear them today for a kid's musical...

IMG_1561-1.jpg

I love dark shorts paired with a blouse:smile:

I can't decide how i feel about them yet. I still think shorts are casual. but i do like the high waisted black shorts look. the only times where i saw shorts that are worn in formal occasions are from blake lively in a beautiful marchesa white jacket and black shorts...

I really hate shorts, never understood their purpose, actually, let alone "formal shorts". Outside of the gym, the purpose escapes me... If it's really warm and the occasion calls for casual wear, I'd put on a summer dress and sandals, definitely not shorts...

A few cute celebrity looks with formal shorts:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ashlee7.jpg
    ashlee7.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 285
  • heidi4.jpg
    heidi4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 240
  • lc2.jpg
    lc2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 489
  • lc3.jpg
    lc3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 196
  • sienna6.jpg
    sienna6.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 320
i have a pair of high waisted black silk "formal" shorts, i have worn them to go out during the summer. i think it's a cute occasional look that is different from dresses/skirts.

I love wearing shorts for a fun night out in the summer. I wouldn't call them formal shorts because I still don't think they are "formal", but it can definitely be dressy and sexy, it's an alternative for not wanting to wear a dress or skirt. Pair them with either wedges or stilettos...very chic, sexy and it's different. I have a few pairs in navy blue, black and white. They are definitely my must haves in the summer! ;):tup: