Forget the Factory Online Sale - I'm glad I used PCE!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I bought a white Andee Boyfried Watch W930 in June with my 25% off PCE. The retail price was $198 and I got it for $150 with the discount.

I have been wearing it every day for a month and a half and I love it. When I saw that it was a "top pick" featured product for the current Factory Online Sale I got excited and started thinking about getting another one in black.

To my surprise they have raised the retail price for the online sale to to $258 so that with the markdown and the extra 30% off it comes to $178.50 - higher than my PCE price!

See the attached pics. When I posted the reveal for my new watch in June I included images from the Coach.com website that clearly shows that the full, boutique price for both the white and black Andee watches was $198. Now the online sale shows the retail price as $258. Did they think that we wouldn't notice or maybe that we can't count? Kind of sneaky IMO! :sneaky:

$178.50 is not a bad price for a terrific watch but I ordered it from the boutique as a new release and got it for $28.50 cheaper and have been enjoying it since then, so this doesn't seem like any great sale to me!

Boy, now I am even more happy that I decided to buy it with PCE!

Here's my original reveal in June:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/i-just-got-my-pce-purchase-come-see-758480.html

Attachments

• AndeeStockPicWhite.jpg
    AndeeStockPicWhite.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 699
  • AndeeStockPicBlk.jpg
    AndeeStockPicBlk.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 700
  • AndeeStockPicWhiteFactorySale.jpg
    AndeeStockPicWhiteFactorySale.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
ChristinaDanise said:
Wow, so Coach lies about the REAL MSRP of an item to make it seem like you're getting a good deal...Makes me not want to shop the online sale anymore.

The physical outlets are doing that now too. I was eyeballing an Ashley carry all for $169. No extra discounts. Went back the next week and the store was 30% off but magically the Ashley carry all was now $229. It's crappy. Don't jack up prices to have a fake sale; just don't have the extra sale.

The physical outlets are doing that now too. I was eyeballing an Ashley carry all for $169. No extra discounts. Went back the next week and the store was 30% off but magically the Ashley carry all was now $229. It's crappy. Don't jack up prices to have a fake sale; just don't have the extra sale.

Wow, really?? I guess I did not know that because the outlets are far from me. That is so disappointing. I have a siggy Ashley carryall that I got for Christmas. The "MSRP" says $358. I think we got it for $125.

The Soho tote I got is on there for $90! I paid $99 and I think the "MSRP" for it was $348. I am going to check if those are correct now.

Wow, that's really shady! Not feeling any outlet love right now.

Makes me want to just use PCEs at FP or sales at Dillard's and Macy's.

Definitely going to be doing this for awhile, I guess I am going to have to charge send my Baby Sage and Ashley satchel when I want them so I can get it cheaper...Other than that, I think I am done with outlets for awhile...

The outlets have always jacked-up the MSRP on the factory made items and then launched them at a "discount" to make it seem like you are getting a better deal. If the specific MFF items gets a further discount or goes to clearance, then you can get a good deal.

In my mind, what they did with this Andee watch was to: delete it, falsely elevate the MSRP; and then mark it down from the fake price and add on an extra 30% discount to make it seem like you are getting a fantastic deal - but in reality it is only $19.50 less than it was as a new, boutique item.

And even though the shipping is free on it because it is over $150, I got free shipping on my watch anyway because they ordered didn't have a new one in stock and had to order it from me from the boutique.

Last edited:
The outlets have always jacked-up the MSRP on the factory made items and then launched them at a "discount" to make it seem like you are getting a great deal. If the specific MFF items gets a further discount or goes to clearance, then you can get a good deal.

Yeah. Those items that are launched as "new arrivals" end up in the clearance bin three weeks later.

katev said:
The outlets have always jacked-up the MSRP on the factory made items and then launched them at a "discount" to make it seem like you are getting a great deal. If the specific MFF items gets a further discount or goes to clearance, then you can get a good deal.

That's true!!! Whenever they have a discount they increase the prices so you always get the thing for about the same, sometimes $5-10 cheaper when there's no discount... I was very naive at one point and thought I was getting a huge deal but when I started getting the online sale invites and checking the store prices on a regular basis I realized the trick, that's why I only buy deletes now, you can get a real discount on those!

That is so sneaky! One time in a department store, they had a sale price sticker glued over the MSRP sticker and when I peeled it back I found that the MSRP was lower than the store's sale price.