Forget the ban I think I am just going to give up handbags....

Good luck! I know, it's hard; I still window shop, too. I know I'll need to stop, eventually. I admire so many bags, but...I know I there is such thing as too much. I can't have afford to have debt in my early 20s!

I love your posts, LVPug, so please don't be a stranger! I know what ya mean...too many shopping sprees when I should be saving more and channeling the funds toward home improvements. Sounds like you have a gorgeous collection to be proud of, so enjoy those beauties! XXXOO

Good for you!!!! I love your posts, too, so don't stop talking here. :yes:

The only way I'm going to be able to quit buying and lusting after bags is to quit coming here. This forum has been hard on my buying habits! :P During the times I'm not reading it, I am not thinking about buying a handbag... but as soon as I log on here, I immediately start thinking of what to get next!

Sometimes I will sell one to supplement a new one because it gets to the point where you are not using all of them and thats not fair to the bag.
But I too am hoping to get something dazzling for Christmas and slow down for awhile. Plus there's always cute accessories - less costly!

I'm glad you want to be fair to all your bags.

you know what i'm gonna try doing? i charged a bag to my cc a few days ago, something i rarely do, because i saw this particular bag as perfect, classic, and neutral enough that it would go with everything in my wardrobe, and i could see myself carring it many years from now. so, to curb my desire to keep buying at a frequent pace in the future, i'm going to carry my new bag every single day until my cc bill is paid off. i'm one of those people who rotates bags everyday, which for me fuels the "need" to keep buying more, for more variety. so to carry the same bag all the time will probably get "interesting" after a while, especially since it means neglecting the other bags i still own. if i get the itch to purchase new bags, i'll simply open up my "bag closet" (i keep them separate from the rest of my wardrobe by storing them in the linen closet) and tend to my own bags. maybe inspect them, see if they need any leather conditioner or dusting off, or just to admire them. i don't know if that's more than just going cold turkey, but i'm trying to create a different way of approaching it without making it sound like it really IS an addiction! calling it an addiction makes me feel guilty for enjoying bags in the first place, and i don't think it should be seen as a bad thing. but anyway, good luck, LVpug!:choochoo:

I could never give up handbags entirely ... I love my handbags! But I am trying to cut down on buying so many in one year. When I first started, I only bought 2 or 3 designer bags a year. The last couple of years have been a little excessive for me so I'm giving this purse ban a try. The last bag I bought was at the end of July so I think I've been good so far.

Good luck with your decision ... I hope everything will work out for you:smile:

Good luck to you! I stepped back from here to afford some vacations and it helped a LOT! I bought a couple of accessoies, but, no bags, since the start of July! I've been very good and now it's time to start up again! :P Hope you don't have a horrible relapse!! :smile:

I kinda did the same thing, though not formally. I haven't gotten a bag since April - and they were for my birthday. It kinda just gradually happened where I became satisifed with what I have.

I've been thinking of the very same thing......I just somehow never seem to make it STICK!!! Seriously though.....I have only 2 more bags that I really think I can't live without.....after that I will also take a much deserved "break".

Good luck!!

Anne