forehead fat graft

K Couture

O.G.
Dec 3, 2013
I just want to know if any of u have had a forehead fat graft and could answer some of my questions?

1) How long does the volume last before it starts to get reabsorbed?

2) How much of it gets reaborbed? (yes i know it varies from person to person but your own situational experience will be a useful gauge)

3) If you press on the fat with pressure will it dissipate and create lumps and unevenness?

4) Have any of you experienced lumps or unevenness while the fat gets reabsorbed? (so months post op)

thx

yes please i want to know about this too. i would like my forehead to be rounder than it is so i'd really like to get fg on my forehead. but i worry about the lumpiness. and i also worry it won't last a long time.

I just want to know if any of u have had a forehead fat graft and could answer some of my questions?

1) How long does the volume last before it starts to get reabsorbed?

2) How much of it gets reaborbed? (yes i know it varies from person to person but your own situational experience will be a useful gauge)

3) If you press on the fat with pressure will it dissipate and create lumps and unevenness?

4) Have any of you experienced lumps or unevenness while the fat gets reabsorbed? (so months post op)

thx
Hi K Couture,
I did forehead fat graft in nov13 together with rhinoplasty. My intention then was to get rid of the frown line in between my brows and to make my forehead less flat. I asked doc how much fat would he take from my tummy. He said just enough to make my flat forehead round and natural looking. He stressed that it's important not to overfill because the absorption rate for everyone is different. Some more, some less, and some none! He assured me that a touch up is always better than a lipo after.

Anyway, to answer your questions :
1) 1st week : forehead looking shinny because of the swelling
1 mth after : loved my forehead then. Round and nice. No more frown line.
2 mths after : 60-70% left

2) My case : only 50% remained until my touch up 3mths later. Doc said it's best to touch up on the 6th mth because that's when I know for sure where the absorption stops. He said there's no point to keep adding and losing as it's a waste of money. Argh, I didn't want to wait because I hv scheduled to hv my double eyelid done. Might as well do it together to avoid another recovery later.

3) When I got fat graft the first time, forehead felt spongy. After the 2nd time, it doesn't anymore. Can touch my forehead with a little pressure but dare not too hard. Doc said I could but I still wouldnt. :smile: better safe than sorry.

4) yes, i noticed dents above my brow line on the 2nd mth. Fat in that area got absorbed faster. Doc taught me to slowly massage from top of my forehead to my brown line. It worked!

It has been 3 mths after the touch up and I don't think I need another one anytime soon. Fat seems to stay this time. :smile:

Hi K Couture,
I did forehead fat graft in nov13 together with rhinoplasty. My intention then was to get rid of the frown line in between my brows and to make my forehead less flat. I asked doc how much fat would he take from my tummy. He said just enough to make my flat forehead round and natural looking. He stressed that it's important not to overfill because the absorption rate for everyone is different. Some more, some less, and some none! He assured me that a touch up is always better than a lipo after.

2) My case : only 50% remained until my touch up 3mths later. Doc said it's best to touch up on the 6th mth because that's when I know for sure where the absorption stops. He said there's no point to keep adding and losing as it's a waste of money. Argh, I didn't want to wait because I hv scheduled to hv my double eyelid done. Might as well do it together to avoid another recovery later.

3) When I got fat graft the first time, forehead felt spongy. After the 2nd time, it doesn't anymore. Can touch my forehead with a little pressure but dare not too hard. Doc said I could but I still wouldnt. :smile: better safe than sorry.

4) yes, i noticed dents above my brow line on the 2nd mth. Fat in that area got absorbed faster. Doc taught me to slowly massage from top of my forehead to my brown line. It worked!

It has been 3 mths after the touch up and I don't think I need another one anytime soon. Fat seems to stay this time. :smile:
summerdream, would u mind telling where hv u done your fat grafting??

Hi summerdream13,,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I got the same problem with you there is frown lines between my brows, they make me look sad and old. I am considering to have the same surgery as your. Hope that can help me look younger ;p

Hi K Couture,

thanks so much for the info summer. Did you go for a significant augmentation? As in did you add alot of fat? I only used a tiny bit on my sides to match the middle of the forehead so that may be why im noticing a volume difference now that sweling is nearly gone

thanks so much for the info summer. Did you go for a significant augmentation? As in did you add alot of fat? I only used a tiny bit on my sides to match the middle of the forehead so that may be why im noticing a volume difference now that sweling is nearly gone
Hi K,
My augmentation wasn't significant. I have not idea the amount in ml/cc but the doc filled just enough to get a raise on my forehead and for the frown line to disappear. I will show you the pictures.

1st & 2nd picture : before surgery (super flat forehead, frown line not obvious though in these
pictures)
3rd & 4th : after forehead fat graft & rhinoplasty (forehead looking shinny from the swelling)
5th picture : forehead touch up & double eyelid 3 mths later
6th & 7th picture : now (somehow the forehead fat graft & rhinoplasty enhanced the features on my face as compared to before..hmm i do not know how to explain it. Everything seems more popped out)

K, maybe you're not used to seeing your forehead now after the heavy swelling the past few days. But don't worry too much. You will soon love it :smile:

picture.php

i think that may be it too that im too used to not seeing the swelled forehead haha. But now i cant even remember what my old forehead looks like LOL because all my pictures i always use bronzer to contour the sides lol