Forcing Floopiness..is it possible?

SugarRx

Feb 11, 2008
2 of my beloved birkins are togo leather and though used on a daily basis (with proper care of course) they have retained their supreme sturdiness. I simply adore the floopy birk pictures that some of our members show. That being said, my questions are
1) what kind of leather is yours?
2) how long did it take for the bag to reach floop-dom
3) and will a togo birkin ever achieve floopiness?
Mine still look like the days I took them out of the box even though they've been stuffed to the brim with medical journals, fashion mags, changes of clothes, tax paperwork, a picnic (don't ask lol), you get the point.

Long story short...can I ever attain the famous floop or do I have to buy another Birkin with a different kind of leather?

Thanks Ladies! You rock!
:tup:

My swift was floopy out of the box. My chevre was not and likely won't be - stiffer leather. I suspect your togos may have built-in sturdiness! Softer leathers do batwing more ... maybe there is another birkin in your future??

There is a video of Jane Birkin on a Japanese show, how she's literally 'breaking in' Hermes Birkin bags. I guess that method would promote floopiness. Can't find it right now though on youtube.

Ironically, overstuffing your bags is probably helping them to keep their shape. Try a Clemence bag, that will certainly floop all you want.

Hi SugarRx. My togo is totally floppy. It started to flop about 5 months in to use. It's a 40 so perhaps that is why? My others don't flop nearly as much and they are smaller in sizes.

I left my togo birkin in a car on a really hot day - when I came back, it was soft and smooshy!:nuts: Clemence is probably your best bet if you like your bags soft/floopy.:smile: