Forbes World's Billionaires 2010 - Bernard Arnault at No. 7!

kuishinbomeow

Apr 16, 2009
7) Bernard Arnault
Net Worth: $27.5 billion
Source: Luxury goods
Residence: France
• Bling is back, helping fashion icon grab title of richest European as shares of his luxury goods outfit LVMH--maker of Louis Vuitton, Moet & Chandon--surge 57%.
• LVMH is developing upscale Shanghai commercial property, L'Avenue Shanghai, with Macau billionaire Stanley Ho.
• Renaissance man owns French tour operator Go Voyages, yacht builder Royal Van Lent; has a stake in French retailer Carrefour.
• Built Le Cheval Blanc in ski resort town of Courchevel, France, where he likes to spend New Year's Eve.
• Father, Jean, who died in January, made small fortune in construction; sale of that business later helped fund Arnault's move into real estate and eventually into luxury goods.
• Still a family affair: son Antoine, 32, and daughter Delphine, 34, sit on LVMH's board.
• Wife is a concert pianist; Arnault himself reported to be an excellent piano player.

yeah!
i've read that too!
huh, really.. he should at least put up an LV sale of a lifetime.. considering that we contributed a whole bunch to his wealth!
hahaha

^^ nay... The minute lv goes on sale, I think I will
never buy another lv again...

Lvmh owns more than just lv... The number if brand names under them is just amazing and I use to think they are competitors.