Tech For You Verizon Customers, HTC Touch Pro2 Is Currenty In Stock...

mielikki55

Nov 21, 2006
HTC Touch Pro2 is currently in stock on Verizon's website. I've been waiting and waiting for this phone! Just purchased one. :yahoo: I had almost given up and was about to get a Moto Droid on friday but it was in stock today!! Yay!!

HTC Touch Pro2 is currently in stock on Verizon's website. I've been waiting and waiting for this phone! Just purchased one. :yahoo: I had almost given up and was about to get a Moto Droid on friday but it was in stock today!! Yay!!

It's shown as out of stock for my zip code in TX today.

I was reading online yesterday and for some people it would show in stock and others out of stock. I haven't checked today but I know yesterday it showed in stock for me while other people in different parts of the country were still showing out of stock. It must be a regional thing?

Yes. Got it yesterday later afternoon. So here's my assessment:

I LOVE the phone...the O/S not so much. It could be that I'm a complete Newbie to WinMo. But I have several issues that all relate to MS. First, with WinMo 6.1, you have to download [free] apps to your computer and then transfer them via ActiveSync to your phone. And then install. Sounds easy but a) my main computer is my MBP and b) my old laptop had a very hard time recognizing/connecting to the phone (sooo not plug and play). Second, my gmail account was a breeze to setup but every time I try to set up my hotmail account, the phone throws me to www.mobile.live.com. How could it be hard to setup up your hotmail account than gmail account on a MS O/S?? Third, it's really just not the most intuitive O/S interface. My one issue that doesn't relate to MS is that the battery life really sucks. I read that online but yeah, it does suck. Then again, most smartphones have shoddy battery life. But that's why I bought an extra battery!

So I'm traveling starting next Sunday. I'm going to give the phone a whirl and see if I become more proficient. It could be me. I'm new to WinMo. Plus, I'm going abroad so I want to see how good the int'l data coverage is.

The positives really do relate to the phone itself. The keyboard is fantastic!! And the touchscreen is pretty responsive/accurate. I'm even impressed with the touchscreen keyboard - and I'm usually frenemies with those things. There's this game called Teeter that comes with the phone that is completely addictive! The gmail account is working like a charm!

That's it so far...