For those who don't usually leave feedback

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
I always leave feedback and I am happy when I get it, because it is the finishing part of buying and selling on eBay - it lets me know that the buyer has what they wanted. So on an interpersonal level it is important. But feedback has another impact.

I woke up this morning to find my Top Rated Powerseller status had vanished.

Why? I had a score of 99 and I needed 100, by the 20th.

Well you could say, why don't you sell more stuff and you'll get more feedback. That's true. I had a death in the family during the year and there were a few months where I just wasn't in the mood to sell. But I got my act together and have been working hard and got my numbers up, however, I am still small scale.

I should have been able to get it easily, because I had made enough sales. I'm really happy to say that all those who did leave me feedback gave me near perfect ratings which I appreciate.

I had several buyers who I left feedback for, who have scores of under 50 and who never leave feedback, for anyone. I don't understand why, because it is not a risky thing to do and it makes you look like a better buyer to deal with. ( I do realize that some people have a need to cover their buying patterns of course). Perhaps also you are not happy with what you got but are not motivated to tell the seller - which burns a hole in your heart really and it is better to be open.

For me, the difference is that my listings are now harder for people to find. I live outside the USA and less people are likely to bid on my items because some people would never consider buying internationally. So for me, the Powerseller status helps to overcome that balance. There is also a discount that I get on monthly fees to eBay, which does make a difference.

So if you have bought something recently and have not left feedback yet, please consider doing it right now. You will make someone feel happy to know that you got your item. You may just tip someone over the edge to getting power seller status or even Top Rated Powerseller Status.

You can leave feedback any time up till 45 days. It won't hurt a bit and you may even get more feedback yourself!

And it puts the personal contact back into the click click world of eBay.

Happy Holidays everyone!:xtree:

yikes! I'm sorry about your TRS (I can relate a little bit--lost mine temporarily due to a frivolous SNAD case). Didn't realize that an insufficient # of feedbacks could kill one's TRS :o

I've gone ahead and left fb for my buyers who have not left me any over the past couple months...it might remind them to give me some fb love as well and keep me from falling into the same boat!

Agreed!

Exactly half of my buyers have left feedback for my most recent sales efforts.

I have had only one seller not leave feedback, despite providing instant and immediate payment and leaving her positive feedback.

Is it 45 days? Did it change recently? I know it used to be that you had 60 days to leave feedback. I hope you get your Top Seller status back soon!

^ Thanks for your good wishes everyone. Today is definitely feedback counting day, so it's a good time to leave it.

MarneeB I think you may be right - it is 60 days, but it's probably safer to leave it earlier rather than later - particularly if you buy a lot of things. I usually leave mine about 2 -3 days after receiving the item. I have time to get used to it that way (it takes me a few days to get used to a new bag).

Ebay sends a letter out after about 30 days reminding the buyer to leave feedback. When I first used Ebay, I bought one thing and then didn't come back for a long time. I didn't even know about feedback or why it was important. The seller of that first item was great and I feel terrible that I didn't give her feedback. It wasn't until later when I became more active on Ebay that I realized the importance of feedback. I leave it for everyone. I get it in only about half of my sales. Sellers almost always leave feedback. Buyers who never sell don't realize how important it is for the seller so they don't think about it. They think that it is equivalent to leaving a rating on a product on Amazon.

I don't really personally care about TRS status, but I do like my feedback to be large and in charge, simply to put my buyers' minds at ease. That said, if someone does not leave me feedback within a 60 day period, I'll email them and ask them to! Most people have complied... Only one or two have not.

I don't really personally care about TRS status, but I do like my feedback to be large and in charge, simply to put my buyers' minds at ease. That said, if someone does not leave me feedback within a 60 day period, I'll email them and ask them to! Most people have complied... Only one or two have not.

Would you mind sharing the general wording?
I am always afraid to ask for feedback.:lol::lol:

Would you mind sharing the general wording?
I am always afraid to ask for feedback.:lol::lol:

:P

Of course. I keep it simple.... Something along the lines of:

Hey there!

I hope all is well! If you have a moment, would you mind leaving me positive feedback? I'm trying really hard to build up my score and would totally appreciate it! Thanks tons!

xoxo

J'enay

I only seem to get feedback for 25% of my sales, but as a buyer I always leave feedback. I used to include notes in my packages thanking my buyers and a kind reminder to leave feedback until I received a nasty email from a buyer telling me how put off she was that I asked for feedback. I was horrified. Never again lol.