For those who bought LV goods in Paris

The prices on the french website are what you would pay in France. It already includes VAT.

A bit off topic, but since you're so knowledgeable about LV Paris ;)...approx how far apart (in terms of distance) are each of the LV stores in Paris?

I'm planning on making the one at Galeries Lafayette my first stop to facilitate with the VAT refund, but in case the Damier Neverfull MM is all sold out there, I was wondering which is the next closest one. THANKS!! :smile:

A bit off topic, but since you're so knowledgeable about LV Paris ;)...approx how far apart (in terms of distance) are each of the LV stores in Paris?

I'm planning on making the one at Galeries Lafayette my first stop to facilitate with the VAT refund, but in case the Damier Neverfull MM is all sold out there, I was wondering which is the next closest one. THANKS!! :smile:

Galleries Lafayette is a good choice. You'll love it!:biggrin: All your purchases in one store will count to the VAT refund. It is on the Right Bank as are the Champs Elysee store and Ave. Montaigne boutique. The CE store and Montaigne boutique are fairly close to each other and nice walk as there is loads of window shopping too. I really like the St. Germaine boutique on the Left Bank. All of them are a short Metro ride to each other. I'm not sure the actual distance but it would take 15min., at the most, by Metro. Have a wonderful time!

Galleries Lafayette is a good choice. You'll love it!:biggrin: All your purchases in one store will count to the VAT refund. It is on the Right Bank as are the Champs Elysee store and Ave. Montaigne boutique. The CE store and Montaigne boutique are fairly close to each other and nice walk as there is loads of window shopping too. I really like the St. Germaine boutique on the Left Bank. All of them are a short Metro ride to each other. I'm not sure the actual distance but it would take 15min., at the most, by Metro. Have a wonderful time!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, you have me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PSYCHED!!! :smile:

mighty1911: I'm not sure if I understand correctly...are you saying that there's an LV boutique inside the Printemps department store, situated next to Galeries Lafayettes?? If so, that'd be amazing!

hi all,

would like to ask on claiming VAT, will be heading to uk + paris soon and am looking forward to shopping in the LV store in paris. However, my return flight going to/and departing from london. My husband and i are planning to take the train (eurostar) from london to paris and then back to london again. Would i be able to claim VAT in paris if i wasnt leaving through the airport, but by train instead? thanks !

hi all,

would like to ask on claiming VAT, will be heading to uk + paris soon and am looking forward to shopping in the LV store in paris. However, my return flight going to/and departing from london. My husband and i are planning to take the train (eurostar) from london to paris and then back to london again. Would i be able to claim VAT in paris if i wasnt leaving through the airport, but by train instead? thanks !

Hi Balleo,

Me and my husband did the same thing this summer, Toronto to London-Gatwick then London to Toronto. We went to Paris by Eurostar as well. You will get your refund in London airport, make sure to go to customs after checkin with your VAT form. I bought some LV goods in galleries lafayette and make sure you have the VAT form stamped(it's in the basement when we went there last July). Good luck! ;)

OK, last question - I swear!!!

Do ALL the LV boutiques in Paris have the tax refund form on hand and someone will help you fill it out? Or is this only at Galeries Lafayettes? Thank you!!!

OK, last question - I swear!!!

Do ALL the LV boutiques in Paris have the tax refund form on hand and someone will help you fill it out? Or is this only at Galeries Lafayettes? Thank you!!!

I am sure the LV boutiques will have the forms since they sell to a large amount of foreign customers. The advantage of purchasing from Galleries instead of boutique, is that the refund seems to happen more quickly from Galleries. They have a department of people solely dedicated to VAT claims. Don't forget to have your passport on you when you shop. They need it for the paperwork.

I am sure the LV boutiques will have the forms since they sell to a large amount of foreign customers. The advantage of purchasing from Galleries instead of boutique, is that the refund seems to happen more quickly from Galleries. They have a department of people solely dedicated to VAT claims. Don't forget to have your passport on you when you shop. They need it for the paperwork.

Thanks, you have been SUCH a big help!

Hi Balleo,

Me and my husband did the same thing this summer, Toronto to London-Gatwick then London to Toronto. We went to Paris by Eurostar as well. You will get your refund in London airport, make sure to go to customs after checkin with your VAT form. I bought some LV goods in galleries lafayette and make sure you have the VAT form stamped(it's in the basement when we went there last July). Good luck! ;)

Hi my husband and i will be heading to UK and Paris via Eurostar too.
Can i check with you on a couple of things.

1) if we buy in paris, how do we get our VAT refund at london airport ?
2) what are the norm commission/Fees , IE how much can we actually get back ?
3) which is a better place to get Cheap LV ? Paris or UK? considering that we would like to claim the VAT when we leave UK