for those who are seeking the zippered Cabas...

bellsbells

Nov 21, 2012
cotonblanc and others have noted here how they wish they could find the zippered cabas and I just thought I'd let you know that they are still available! Today I was in the Paris Grenelle shop and they had the black horizontal zippered cabas (1250 euros) and both black and rust vertical zippered cabases (don't know price).

I almost bought the horizontal because it's sturdier than my normal cabas for carrying my laptop, but I didn't love how boxy and structured it felt. It doesn't melt to your body like mine does, which I love. The SA told me that the normal horizontal cabas is fine to carry up to 7-8 kilos in! I said I was too scared to stretch it out, and he said that if that happens the warranty should cover it. Hard to believe, but I decided what the hell, I'll try carrying my laptop in it and see what happens.

Hey..... I have the horizontal zipped cabas for about a year now and I still love it, it's sheek and simple. Once you use it for a while it won't be as boxy as brand new yet still have it's shape but softer. hope this helps.

Wow, really? Hmmm... I may have to go back and have another look but I'm pretty sure the interior was suede.

The sides where the gussets are, those are in suede but the main of the interior is bonded and lined. If you could check and update us, it'll be great! Hope they still have it in leather. My Spring 2012 croc cabas was faux leather lining too.

And for that amount of money I pay, I would expect full leather. The cabas is so simple that the difference in material really affects how luxurious it is...

Just stopped by the Victor Hugo shop on my way to an appointment. Asked the SA what the interior of the zipper cabas is made of and she said, without thinking about it, that it was leather. I asked to see the tag and she had to admit her error when the tag said the lining was 90 percent CO and 10 percent PU. She had no idea what CO is, and neither do I! But in any case I really don't regret not buying it, would hate to spend that much on a bag with faux leather lining.

Just stopped by the Victor Hugo shop on my way to an appointment. Asked the SA what the interior of the zipper cabas is made of and she said, without thinking about it, that it was leather. I asked to see the tag and she had to admit her error when the tag said the lining was 90 percent CO and 10 percent PU. She had no idea what CO is, and neither do I! But in any case I really don't regret not buying it, would hate to spend that much on a bag with faux leather lining.

CO is cotton. But my jaw is still on the ground from reading Celine and faux leather in one sentence.... Faux leather isn't exactly cheap - but I'm still surprised.

Well today I found some other colors at Printemps: ivory, beige, and bordeaux. Love the bordeaux and nearly succumbed... but that faux leather interior just turns me off. The SA claims it's more lightweight than leather and provides sturdiness. So I was thinking that the boxy stiffness I wan't crazy about might not soften up with these new versions. Saved myself 1250 euros, not bad!

Well today I found some other colors at Printemps: ivory, beige, and bordeaux. Love the bordeaux and nearly succumbed... but that faux leather interior just turns me off. The SA claims it's more lightweight than leather and provides sturdiness. So I was thinking that the boxy stiffness I wan't crazy about might not soften up with these new versions. Saved myself 1250 euros, not bad!

Same here. I was eyeing the Gusset in Rust. But the main reason why I sold my croc cabas was that I can't get past the faux lining and I paid so much for it. Believe the change came about in Spring 2012.

I rather spend the 1250 euros on something else.

Faux leather doesn't mean cheap necessarily, Stella McCartney bags are expensive and she's committed to be vegan friendly with her products . It's just that there's alot of cheap *** PU product out there I guess