For those that own a Sak Silverlake bag....

ang79

Jul 9, 2009
I'm very interested in the convertible satchel (as well as the Flap and the Drawstring, this could be dangerous!). I want a neutral color that can be worn year round and am trying to decide between Black, Teak, and Dark Amber. Is the Amber hard to keep clean since its a lighter color? Any problems with color transfer, staining, or water marks?

Thanks!

Hi there! I don't own any of those bags so I can't be of much help there but I protect all of my leather (except patent) with a stain and water repellent before I carry them. I think a light colored naked leather bag would be prone to attracting dirt and stains.

There is a huge thread about them :biggrin:

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/my-cheap-thrill-inspired-by-miley-cyrus-p-339829.html

I have the dark amber and it gets stained with denim transfer from time to time. It cleans right off with baby wipes. Check that thread out.

Thanks, I'm slowly making my way through that thread, but 80 pages makes for a long read!

Can anyone comment on the weight of this bag? For reference, the only leather bags I've tried at Tano (both crunch and velvet leather) and also the Fleurville Luxe diaper bag, which I thought was very heavy for the size).

I have the Dark Amber (Convertible Satchel) and I have had no problems with staining/transfer whatsoever. And I've been wearing it a lot since getting it a few weeks ago. I really love this bag.

As far as weight, it is feather light compared to my MJ stuff. But I don't mind heavy if I love the bag. So I probably don't even notice the actual weight. Still, I wouldn't say its a bag that would be considered heavy by most people.

I debated between teak and dark amber. I went with the dark amber because 1- I already have two dark brown bags 2- the dark amber is so beautiful and versatile and 3- they are so cheap, I'll just go back and buy other colors if I want to.