for those on a coach ban...

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
we r planning a trip to nyc. i wanna b able to put myself on a ban until then and save for something special at coach. how do u girls make this work? i was thinking do i put some $$ in an enveloppe or extra wristlet or something.

Well, I'm trying to cut back too. I've found that I just keep a wishlist of stuff I want (Coach and any non-Coach items). This way I've already done my shopping but have really evaluated what I want, what I need, and what I've re-evaluated (stuff you say to yourself that you need at the time but really don't want or need it).

The wishlist will help cut spending a little bit. Also, I'm using my wishlist for a Xmas list. My husband sometimes complains he doesn't know what to get me so this helps him out too at this time of the year.

I would do just what you said.. put a money envelope aside and just put X amount of dollars in it every payday, depending on how much you want to spend and how long you have until you go.. watching the money add up and looking at the cash is fun, and then when you go buy it you won't have any guilt!!! :tup:

I'm at the point where I need to stop. I have 21 bags, 16 are Coach. I've been accumulating these for several years. Its a bit ridiculous and I really don't have room for more bags. I don't want to sell any of them as I love them all. I went a bit nuts this summer at the outlets and through PCE and am done for quite some time. I am trying to think of it like this, there will always be new bags each season and a lot of them are new renditions of ones already in my collection. There will be more PCE's (as far as I know) and I don't need to go to every single one of them. I say save for your trip, focus on the trip and having a wonderful time and if you find something you love when on the trip you will have the funds for it and can really enjoy it. Plus you will remember the bag as your NYC bag and associate it with the great time you had. Thats also why I am so attached to the bags I have, some have sentimental value. Good luck to you!