For those of you with Day bags

1. Socal has made me drool over her new grenat day! I only own one hobo style bag (not bal) and I don't really carry it that much because I have such a hard time (i) opening it and (ii) finding anything in it. Does this also happen with the day style, or is it relatively easy to get into and find stuff? I also think the grenat would look nice in the twiggy. Has anyone seen a grenat twiggy yet?

2. when i took my day hobo to my parents' house, my mom took one look at it and said that it was a black hole of death - meaning, since it's so long and lined in black, you more or less need a flashlight to find anything in it. she's basically right, but since i change bags so much, all i really have in the big part is a wallet, keys, and a few sunglasses cases, then my cell and mini purfume bottle in the small part, so it doesn't bother me.

if getting in and out of a hobo and finding things in it has made you not want to use a hobo before, the day might not be for you, sadly :-/

3. My experiences are similar. For daily use, I transfer a few items to a hobo and generally do not mind "fishing" a bit... For travels, I add a camera, magazine, etc...but again, I don't find searching for items to be an issue. If "digging" is a pet peeve, you may prefer a twiggy...I love those as well.

4. Oh...BTW...NM will also carry the "purse" style in grenat (they called it bordeaux or wine)... The purse can also be used as a shoulder bag but it is similar to the first in "look"...

5. I agree if fishing for stuff is a pet peeve then I wouldn't recomend the day for you. I love my day because it's so easy to carry and sling over my shoulder that I barely notice it's there.

6. I've barely used my day, but that's not because I don't like it. I don't mind fishing. It doesn't matter. But if you are going to enjoy that, do what the other ladies said and check out another type of bag.

7. Hi there,
    I love the day because I can fit everything in it but if you do carry everything individually, it could be a pain. I switch handbags often so I consolidate my stuff into different smaller packages-- a wallet, makeup bag (and put all the little things that you would usually fish for in there--lipstick, tissues, tiny bottle of ibuprofen, tampons (too much info!!), sunglass case, and one other little satin bag that contains coupons, receipts, etc. I always carry my cell in the outside pockets of my bags. This minimizes the digging for me and makes it very easy to switch bags

8. I LOVE my Day bags! Yes, I sometimes have to fish for things but it doesn't really bother me. I normally carry big bags so I'm used to it. All the great things about this bag definitely outweigh the negative!

9. macp6: What a great idea you have to carry smaller bags inside your large bag -- I never thought of that!!

It sounds like I should consider a different style than the day bag though, because I do think digging around in that 'black hole of death' (as Amanda's mother calls it) might be a little frustrating to me.

Socal: I don't think I've really even seen the Purse. but I'll check it out. I guess I was wrong, but I didn't think the Purse could be used as a shoulder bag - I thought the straps were too small. That's good to know.

Thanks all!

10. NM San Diego had a truffe (they call it brown) purse in stock yesterday. To my best recollection, they did not have the grenat (they call it bordeaux/wine) in stock at the store, but the SA could "see" it in the computer. The day/hobo has a longer shoulder drop, but I could wear the purse on my shoulder (no jacket). The purse is a somewhat "flat" in profile. I prefer the day/hobo for a shoulder bag, but the purse may be another option.

11. I love my day - its incredibly comfy to carry. And although I do have to take it off in order to get in it, I find it easier to do than with my city because it only has one zipper. I love the the outside and inside pockets are so big too - I can actually put stuff in the inside pocket now. :yahoo: But it is a big black hole in there - I can fit the thing over my head. So its big. But I like that.

12. The shopping tote is large (OK, it's massive) but the thing I love about it is that you can really open it up to see what's inside without taking it off your shoulder.

I do love the day though have never owned one (for more than 1 week) - am planning one shortly!

13. i agree, i love my day bags (especially when my kids were younger and i was carrying around multiple diapers, clothing changes, etc), and as english girl mentioned the pockets helped keep me organized...i think it's a great style for travel or long days out but i also love my twiggys and if you don't need to lug around a lot it might be a better choice for the ease of access issue...ha ha, did that help at all?

14. I saw a grenat Twiggy at Nordstrom in Sacramento and it was really nice--not too veiny and the color was great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice