For those of you with a Madison Metallic Hippie...

joy75

Feb 15, 2010
I just received mine yesterday from JAX, and oh do I love it! It is so pretty and comfortable, too. My only concern is the crossbody strap. It is obviously not meant to be worn crossbody because the strap is so short and the chain would be pretty uncomfortable. But what do you do with it? Detach it? Let it hang in the front? In the back?

Also, are you having any issues with it (flaking, wearing, color transfer)?

Thanks for your input!

I love the chain strap but they really dropped the ball on the length of it....I'm 5'7" and it was way too short on my crossbody! Too bad cuz I would have bought the bag!

Personally I LOVE the chain as it brings that something special to the bag IMO. It does however make the bag that much heavier. I leave it on because I do like to switch it and wear it as a shoulder bag with the long strap, just not crossbody as it is waaaay too short. And it looks cute hanging down when not in use:smile:

Mine has been great so far. I took it to Vegas earlier this week and have been using it all week long. So far no signs of wear. Like I said, I took the long strap off just to make it lighter.

ditto! I took the strap off to make it lighter in weight. THe strap is HEAVY! I'm 5'10" so no chance of wearing it crossbody with that short strap! The leather is holding up great. I've worn mine everyday for 3 weeks now and no rubbing/wear/dirt of any kind. :smile:

glad to hear the bag wears so well,, ill be getting mine in acouple of days,,, i think im going to add an extra link or two to the chain strap & see if i can wear it crossbody,,, other wise just leave it on? we will see.