Shoes For the Rockstud Kitten Heels, has anyone cut off the top strap?

Freetofly

Jul 16, 2016
I was watching someone doing a review of their 6cm rockstuds, and she said that the SA in the store told her that many people choose to cut off the top ankle strap and wear it as a bracelet, so it only has two straps remaining.

I wasn't going to get the shorter heels because I'm quite short and I felt that the ankle straps would make my legs look even shorter. But if I cut off the top strap, then maybe it won't look so bad.

Has anyone done this or heard of it being done?

I was watching someone doing a review of their 6cm rockstuds, and she said that the SA in the store told her that many people choose to cut off the top ankle strap and wear it as a bracelet, so it only has two straps remaining.

I wasn't going to get the shorter heels because I'm quite short and I felt that the ankle straps would make my legs look even shorter. But if I cut off the top strap, then maybe it won't look so bad.

I've seen this pair cut (from ThRealReal) and it looks like a good job if you have a good cobbler do it.

IMO it's worth a shot if you prefer that style, though I'm not sure how the stability of the shoe would be affected if you cut off the top strap? Let us know if you go through with it!

FWIW, I have the 6cm shoes too and am only 5ft tall and honestly the third strap doesn't really bother me. It helps that it's nude-colored I think. Hope that helps!

IMG_1485663913.030580.jpg
IMG_1485663924.783231.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1485663889.253554.jpg
    IMG_1485663889.253554.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
I've seen this pair cut (from ThRealReal) and it looks like a good job if you have a good cobbler do it.

IMO it's worth a shot if you prefer that style, though I'm not sure how the stability of the shoe would be affected if you cut off the top strap? Let us know if you go through with it!

FWIW, I have the 6cm shoes too and am only 5ft tall and honestly the third strap doesn't really bother me. It helps that it's nude-colored I think. Hope that helps!

View attachment 3588983
View attachment 3588984
Thank you for the images. I think it actually looks alright.
I haven't bought the pair I've been looking at and I think I'll pass. It was on sale, but I think I'll hold off for a pair that I like without having to do any custom made adjustments.
I'm a bit uneasy about taking them to just any old cobbler considering the price point of the shoes. Similarly I have a pair of newly purchased rockstuds that I haven't worn because I can't find a good cobbler to protect my soles yet.

Personally, I would Not suggest this! I'm 5'3 and I've had the kitten heels for years. They look amazing dressed up or with denim and I feel they are flattering, even on my petite frame. I've worn them with short dresses and they look fabulous.

Personally, I would Not suggest this! I'm 5'3 and I've had the kitten heels for years. They look amazing dressed up or with denim and I feel they are flattering, even on my petite frame. I've worn them with short dresses and they look fabulous.
I'm about the same height as you then! My issue is that I never wear jeans. All the nice photos I've found of shorter people wearing the kitten heels is with skinny jeans. I think I'll just have to go into a boutique and try it on for myself. Thanks

I'm about the same height as you then! My issue is that I never wear jeans. All the nice photos I've found of shorter people wearing the kitten heels is with skinny jeans. I think I'll just have to go into a boutique and try it on for myself. Thanks
Definitely do this! Once you see them on, you'll fall for them! I've worn them with rolled up boyfriend jeans, a silk blouse and a blazer and it's a great combo. I wear them most often with cropped pants and dresses. I adore them!