For the Oklahoma folks

I HIGHLY recommend that you start training your Visa for this new outlet they are building! Start slowly, of course, so the Visa doesn't get too exhausted in the early days of training....Week one, take her out of your wallet 10 times but not toooo fast so as to cause a muscle strain. Week 2, take her out 15+ times and keep her out of the leather slot for at least 1 min at a time. By week 3, get her ready for all of the magnetic strip machine sliding that she may be experiencing....Well, you get the point.

I'd better stop before someone accuses me of creating a post that has less to do with Coach and more to do with something else!!!!

LOL;)

I know ladies! I'm hoping to meet some FP returns too for people like me where the mall will be further than the outlet is! Patience though! Construction won't be done until next year. I feel the outlet itch already! I got it bad!

that's good news! I'm in lawton!

Hey, neighbor -- I'm in Elgin!!!

Yes, we are indeed getting an outlet. Brandi (manager of Penn) told me it is supposed to open next summer. From my understanding, the outlet mall will be located by Bass Pro Shop in OKC.

Can't wait. No more trips to Allen to find NO FP deletes: like I did Wednesday evening. Very disappointing.

I'm from OK but in AZ now where there are famously no outlets. I was so excited when my bff from back home told me about the Coach outlet coming to OKC. She is a champion shopper and said she'd hit it up for me even though she doesn't care for Coach. At the same time I'm happy to keep my eyes out for Manolos at the Neiman Marcus Last Call. Win/win!

That's fantastic! I live in Dallas so Allen is my outlet, I had to take a day trip to Muskogee a couple of months ago and was surprised there was no outlet anywhere nearby ... not for much longer, lol.

My husband is a Law enforcement officer in the Okc area and called to let me know he got paperwork today about the new Outlet mall for OKC! I am so excited. I wonder if this is going to be a actural coach outlet?? We already have a coach store in okc. Here is what I found on google

NEW OUTLET MALL

6/22/2010

Sight work for a new outlet mall in far west Oklahoma is underway. The Oulet Shops of Oklahoma City are going up at I-40 and Council Road. Horizon Group properties say 80 percent ot the mall space has been leased to high profile retailers. The tentative shop list include Saks Fifth Avenue, The Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Guess, Coach, Gap, Carter's, Nike, Tommy Hilfiger and Under Armor. 700 construction jobs and 1-thousand permanent jobs will be generated from the new Outlet mall for Oklahoma City. NEW OUTLET MALL

By Colleen Chen, NEWS 9
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City residents are getting closer to having outlet shopping in the area.
Oklahoma City's Economic Development Trust will consider a revised agreement with Horizon Group Properties on Tuesday. Horizon Group Properties had an agreement approved in 2008 but the economic downturn stalled the project. The only major change in the revised agreement is a proposal for Oklahoma City to spend about $1 million more dollars in infrastructure improvements.
"We know that outlets have bucked the trend. People are still shopping at them. Oklahoma City depends heavily on sales tax revenue. These outlets would give us a big boost, 112,000 cars cross the anticipated outlet location," said Brent Bryant, the city's Economic Development Program Manager.
Site work has begun on the northeast corner of I-40 and Council Road in anticipation that the city will approve plans. Eighty percent of the proposed Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City are spoken for. That list includes Saks Fifth Avenue's Off 5th, Banana Republic, Gap, Coach, Nike, Under Armour, Chicos, Tommy Hilfiger, Carter's, and Nine West.
"They'll be 700 construction jobs along with 1,000 permanent jobs once the outlet shops are open," Bryant said. "We estimate initially $4 million on an annual basis and we estimate half of that will be new money."
If the agreement is approved by the Economic Development Trust Tuesday, the city council will have to give it's approval the following week. If approved by council, the goal is to have things up and running in 18 months. Bryant said ideally the development would be open by the start of the Christmas shopping season next year.