For the Manhattan GM owners.....

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ....and anyone else with an opinion. ;) I just bought this a few weeks ago and loved it when I first got it. Now, sometimes I look at it an love it, other times I think it just SCREAMS at people and is just too loud of a bag. What do guys think? Is it really loud!!! to you too? Do you still love it or after a while it got so so to you?

2. i've seen it in person and i think it's just ok. it's a nice bag but i would prefer a different bag over it... like a mizi IMO.

3. It's a beautiful bag but I wouldn't want to own one for some reason...

4. The thing is, I loved it in the boutique and HAD to have it. I got it home and still loved it, but after a day or two, I just didn't know. Its a gorgeous bag but its such a looker. I like more understated bags. Funny thing is, I love the mono canvas. I think its the bold gold buckles and the fact that the bag has no patina b/c its new. I don't feel this way at all carrying my Speedy or Petit Noe, even though the P. Noe is RED! Odd.......

5. It's a very large bag, but it's beautiful. All of the Manhattan collection have a "chunky" look to them, but that was intentional by Marc Jacobs. A lot of his MJ bags have a chunky look, too.
    The SA's in the stores love them even though they see them every day. Three of the SA's in the boutique I frequent own the GM and a fourth owns the PM. I own the Hudson bag. I've had it since October and I still love it. I don't use it every day, though. I'll use it for 4 or 5 days and then switch to another bag for a few days, so I use the Hudson about 5 or 6 days a month. Maybe I would get tired of it if it was the only one I used. Also, for some reason I think of the Manhattan collection as fall/winter bags? Because they're heavy? I don't know...

6. You're right about the light leather. It's like that bag has enough going on without bright light leather trim. When the leather darkens, it will look more understated.

7. I have the Manhattan GM and I love it more each time I use it. But I'm like BagLady14 and her Hudson -- I use it just a few days each month and then I switch to another bag.

8. Is the Manhattan limited? I'm assuming not but I wanted to make sure.

9. ^^^^No, not that I know of. The line came out in 05 and is still being sold now.

10. Thanks so much for the info!

11. Is Manhattan GM a should bag or just a handheld bag?

12. I saw a girl carrying it this past friday and I thought, "I have to get this bag"!!! I think it's fantastic, I'm saving my pennies...

13. I love it, I don't have one, but I def want one. You are lucky!!

14. I was at LV last night and had this bag in my hands. I really liked it and am thinking of going back to purchase it.It's big and I like that.

15. I'm even worse than you, I bought mine about a month ago and haven't used it yet! I thought I couldn't live without it and now that I've got it I think just like you, is it too much ? besides the fact that it's pretty heavy, there just seems to be too much going on... I would really kick myself...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice