***For The LoVe of Empreinte Club***

I know those are not quite the same category slg's but by any chance do you have key pouch in empreinte? To compare? I was looking at this card holder to use as a walet but because it was always out of stock I placed an order for key pouch in empreinte. I love the zipper on the back. Mine should arrive tomorrow, so we will see

Hey hun! I don't have the Empreinte key pouch :doh:

A2BBF691-7573-47FD-B184-1B4FBDD0EBD8.jpegE7F86B48-1096-46C1-AEDD-E11BEF5DB106.jpeg8B546A43-F8E0-47DF-BDCF-970A1413A280.jpegD9E8BFDE-3A25-46E7-9FB9-F78541AD3571.jpegB600FCC5-4EAE-404E-9C2C-22191DA0B217.jpeg

Posting a side by side to show the difference between Empreinte leather in colors “Mastic Grey” and “Turtledove”.
My speedy 25 in Mastic Grey on left and new Montsouris PM in Turtedove on right.
When I was trying to figure out the difference in colors in my pursuit of the Montsouris, I couldn’t find a good comparison photo anywhere, so thought I would provide one ☺
Hope this helps someone else out there wondering.

*The Mastic Grey speedy on its own pulls really taupe Grey. But next to the empreinte Turtledove color, it pulls more lavendar undertones. Both also show up differently in different lights. Both beautiful, just slightly different! *

Last edited:
Does anyone have either of these? I am leaning towards the Montaigne in MM but I also like the Palais PM. I have not had a chance to see them in person yet.

Attachments

• 1564734D-80B9-4D78-865D-60A4FCEA92F8.jpeg
    1564734D-80B9-4D78-865D-60A4FCEA92F8.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 6D98B4C3-83B1-4136-BD80-3F0B44FF0459.jpeg
    6D98B4C3-83B1-4136-BD80-3F0B44FF0459.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 5191927View attachment 5191928View attachment 5191929View attachment 5191930View attachment 5191931

Posting a side by side to show the difference between Empreinte leather in colors “Mastic Grey” and “Turtledove”.
My speedy 25 in Mastic Grey on left and new Montsouris PM in Turtedove on right.
When I was trying to figure out the difference in colors in my pursuit of the Montsouris, I couldn’t find a good comparison photo anywhere, so thought I would provide one ☺
Hope this helps someone else out there wondering.

*The Mastic Grey speedy on its own pulls really taupe Grey. But next to the empreinte Turtledove color, it pulls more lavendar undertones. Both also show up differently in different lights. Both beautiful, just slightly different! *

is this the new Speedy released in September 2021 ? I thought it will be in the same Turtledove color.. thanks for sharing these photos !

Does anyone have either of these? I am leaning towards the Montaigne in MM but I also like the Palais PM. I have not had a chance to see them in person yet.
I returned the Montaigne MM in Empriente Noir for the Grand Palais because it seemed like a more updated version of the Montaigne but it was much to large for my needs, so I decided to go with the Petit Palais in the Turtle Dove bi-color. The only thing I wish it had were the feet. The EU site has the Montaigne bb in the Turtle Dove color, but not in the US. 5079FF06-6D41-41CA-AD35-91B30650D4EC.jpegF2880946-FFD2-40DE-93EB-301E6DA92DD9.jpegC32311C3-CAE7-4254-8DD9-AA4CE873E061.jpeg

i asked this question in the empreinte speedy thread but will ask it here as well. has anyone had any luck getting tarnish marks from the brass lock and/or buckles out of light colored empreinte? i'm thinking about buying a preloved rose poudre speedy b nm but the hardware has rubbed on the strap and the loops that hold the d rings leaving black marks. i have no idea how to safely try to clean those if i purchase that bag. they are not terrible but kind of bother me. thanks in advance to anyone who has had success with removing such. marks : )

Thank you @n4n6906 !! I appreciate your feedback . That one I posted about was very deep and was ALMOST perfect . I was almost willing to live with it being a little flawed because the leather felt nice and thick and the embossing was so deep and distinct, but after further inspection when I was comparing it with the other one I had ordered to compare it to , it definitely had a glazing issue that would be a problem later on , and a very deep scratch down the front of the bag . I couldn’t believe it . I noticed it when I got eye level with the bag on the table and then really noticed when I turned the bag upside down . I was shocked . I ordered this bag from the website , brand new date codes , but no protective sticker , or anything . Appeared perfect but someone must have used it and returned it because they scratched it . IDK how LV missed it . After I saw the scratch I couldn’t believe I didn’t notice it before !

The two I ordered off the website . The one on the right had the deep embossing , messed up LV stamp on left front flap , harder leather , no stickers , and the scratch , the one on the left, the front wasn’t deep enough and not evenly flat throughout the front where the S Lock was when you really looked at it , and felt very flimsy . I did so many comparisons and have driven myself a little nuts lol . I just want it to be as perfect as possible and for $3k I don’t think I’m asking for too much. I did finally return those two and got “as close to perfect” as I think I’m going to get without getting banned for going in for a 3rd time in 2 weeks to look through all the PM’s!

I think I’m happy lol . I know I have problems, but yet again , who on here can say they don’t have purse issues ? LoL

I just had the same experience with the empreinte noir PM. I visited the LV store in Atlanta and they had one noir PM in stock. I noticed a mark on the bottom of the purse and showed the SA. He took it into the back to "clean it up" and when he came back out, the mark was not visible. So, I bought it thinking it was dust or dirt from the shelves and he wiped it. Well, later that night I unboxed it and looked it over well and the mark was much more prominent and I even found a 2nd mark on the corner. They looked like scuffs or scratches. Personally, if I'm going to pay that much money for something, it needs to be as close to perfect as possible. Thankfully the SA was understanding and took the bag back no questions asked. I had to wait 4 days for another PM noir to come into the store. The replacement bag is PERFECT and brand new.... which leads me to believe someone else bought, used & returned the previous bag. I was surprised LV would attempt to sell something with scratches. The manager that took the bag back did say they'd mark the bag as damaged and return it to LV.

Reactions: C.F. and Loriad
How does everyone take care of their empreinte leather? Does anyone use any special leather cleaner, conditioner, etc? Or does a simple wet cloth suffice? I obviously want to take the best care of the leather so it lasts for a long time.... so any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! (I have the black empreinte, fyi) Thanks in advance!

How does everyone take care of their empreinte leather? Does anyone use any special leather cleaner, conditioner, etc? Or does a simple wet cloth suffice? I obviously want to take the best care of the leather so it lasts for a long time.... so any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! (I have the black empreinte, fyi) Thanks in advance!
I only use a damp cloth to wipe over and My speedy I apply leather conditioner to the corners as after a few years 2 corners showed signs of wear.

Reactions: Keisonrocks
a few posts back i asked about cleaning black tarnish marks off of a rose poudre empreinte speedy. i searched other threads and someone suggested leather CPR. i ordered it off of amazon and VERY cautiously put a TINY bit on a q tip and applied it to a less visible location, in this case the leather loop where the d ring for the shoulder strap attaches to the bag. i was so afraid to try it. did not know if it would remove color, stain, etc. anyway i just used a tiny amount and it took the black mark right off without effecting the leather in any way that my eye could see. then i tried it on the black sizing mark on the rose poudre leather shoulder strap. same thing. the mark was gone completely with a tiny amount gently applied on a q tip . i would never recommend to anyone that they wildly apply anything to an lv bag, but i have to say this was a real problem solver for me. so glad i took a chance on that particular bag. i almost did not buy it ( preloved ) because of those black tarnish marks left by the hardware on the leather.

a few posts back i asked about cleaning black tarnish marks off of a rose poudre empreinte speedy. i searched other threads and someone suggested leather CPR. i ordered it off of amazon and VERY cautiously put a TINY bit on a q tip and applied it to a less visible location, in this case the leather loop where the d ring for the shoulder strap attaches to the bag. i was so afraid to try it. did not know if it would remove color, stain, etc. anyway i just used a tiny amount and it took the black mark right off without effecting the leather in any way that my eye could see. then i tried it on the black sizing mark on the rose poudre leather shoulder strap. same thing. the mark was gone completely with a tiny amount gently applied on a q tip . i would never recommend to anyone that they wildly apply anything to an lv bag, but i have to say this was a real problem solver for me. so glad i took a chance on that particular bag. i almost did not buy it ( preloved ) because of those black tarnish marks left by the hardware on the leather.
Thank you for the tip! I will keep that product in mind.

Reactions: luvspurses