***For The LoVe of Empreinte Club***

Hi, could you say how the overall quality is? Is the Empreinte of the Emilie thinner than Empreinte usually is? Thank you!
I feel like it is definitely a good thickness, and made well. I don’t have any empriente handbags to compare it to, but I do have an empriente key cles, and the Emilie is noticeably thicker. I also have a lot of coach leather bags and it’s thicker than coach’s regular leather, and felt the same thickness as my 1941 bags. I hope that helps!

Reactions: EveyB
I feel like it is definitely a good thickness, and made well. I don’t have any empriente handbags to compare it to, but I do have an empriente key cles, and the Emilie is noticeably thicker. I also have a lot of coach leather bags and it’s thicker than coach’s regular leather, and felt the same thickness as my 1941 bags. I hope that helps!
Yes, that helps, thank you!

No idea if this is the right place to post, but I'm looking at a speedy in dune empreinte and I'm not sure exactly what the colour is - sometimes it looks quite yellowy on my computer monitor other it's more of a taupe colour... does anyone have any idea? I guess my alternative is to wait to see if they bring out different colours later in the year and save for a new one... do they change the colours seasonally?

hi there, i just wanted to ask about the wear and tear of an empreinte. is it tru that the emboss becomes shallow over time?
I have more concern over the melting of glazing in empreinte bags than the leather sagging and embossing. I had the first version of Speedy empreinte in aurore and the glazing melted. I was offered store credit because the color was no longer in production. So I replaced with a pochette metis in empreinte too. Due to the exchange policy and issue, I purchased bags from store with my name on receipts. Just to make sure I would not be denied any repair or store credit.

Reactions: elly_fong
I have more concern over the melting of glazing in empreinte bags than the leather sagging and embossing. I had the first version of Speedy empreinte in aurore and the glazing melted. I was offered store credit because the color was no longer in production. So I replaced with a pochette metis in empreinte too. Due to the exchange policy and issue, I purchased bags from store with my name on receipts. Just to make sure I would not be denied any repair or store credit.
This is what happened to me too! I love the speedy in empreinte in Aurore but am very sad that I had to exchange it for Alma in epi leather (which I love it too).
Does the melting glazing is still an issue for current empreinte bags? How is your pochette metis in empreinte leather?
Am currently considering one too, undecided on the colour though.

This is what happened to me too! I love the speedy in empreinte in Aurore but am very sad that I had to exchange it for Alma in epi leather (which I love it too).
Does the melting glazing is still an issue for current empreinte bags? How is your pochette metis in empreinte leather?
Am currently considering one too, undecided on the colour though.
I have the Aurore speedyb 25 I purchased in 2014 and I got in early with the glazing getting sticky around 18 months later and they reglazed to whole thing including the strap, that was in 2016 and it's still perfect, I use it occasionally ( a few times a month) not as a daily. So glad I was given the choice to reglaze and not exchange, the bad batch of glazing was 2013-2014

hi there, i just wanted to ask about the wear and tear of an empreinte. is it tru that the emboss becomes shallow over time?
I've had my speedy since 2014 and no loss of embossing or sagging, I have always used an organiser inside and don't overload. The ones you see with the leather stretched would be carrying a lot of weight IMO. My Rose Ballerine Montaigne I've had since 2015 is still perfect, not used as a daily, only occasionally but it's more structured especially the base.

I have the Aurore speedyb 25 I purchased in 2014 and I got in early with the glazing getting sticky around 18 months later and they reglazed to whole thing including the strap, that was in 2016 and it's still perfect, I use it occasionally ( a few times a month) not as a daily. So glad I was given the choice to reglaze and not exchange, the bad batch of glazing was 2013-2014
Same thing happened to mine.

I sent my speedy for reglaze once but the issue came back again in few months.
LV CSO told me that, they will reglaze second time for free but they are not going to do it again if the same thing happen for the third time. They did not acknowledge this is a defect during my case.
Hence, I was given a choice of reglaze (second time for free) or choose another bag of the same value. This is why I gave up my speedy as it is obviously a defect although LV is in denial.
I love the speedy very much but not the quality issue and the attitude.

Last edited: