***For The LoVe of Empreinte Club***

IMG_1575.PNG Hello everyone,

I am so sorry to arrive in the middle of your conversation, I am new and am probably doing it a little wrong ☹️
I just wanted to ask you if you could help me regarding this bag, which I just stumbled upon through IG (enjoy the silence). I am in love and praying it exists in raisin. My SA in Paris says he doesn't know. Do you know this bag? Do you have any info?
Thank you so much in advance.

Reactions: Sandra.AT
Sure I can post some pics later. I didn't exchange again because the difference isn't huge on mine, but if there had have been another problem I would have exchanged for a second time, even though exchanging anything at all feels really awkward. So I know how you must be feeling. I think the best way to tell if you should exchange is to try it on and ask yourself if you love it the way it is.
I need to think about it.. here are some photos maybe you can tell me if the difference is noticeable
Front:20170307_122500.jpg20170307_122340.jpg
Back:20170307_122514.jpg20170307_122422.jpg

I'd keep it, the embossing still looks nice and deep on the back, and with a structured style it won't be plumping out quickly. The extra deep embossing on the front is a bonus. That's one very nicely embossed bag! If it was that the back looked lightly embossed then I'd say exchange, but it looks like it's nicely embossed :smile: what matters is that your happy though.

I think it looks good. Not very noticeable to me. :smile:

I'd keep it, the embossing still looks nice and deep on the back, and with a structured style it won't be plumping out quickly. The extra deep embossing on the front is a bonus. That's one very nicely embossed bag! If it was that the back looked lightly embossed then I'd say exchange, but it looks like it's nicely embossed :smile: what matters is that your happy though.
Thank you so much ..that helps me [emoji173] [emoji13] [emoji1]

View attachment 3625781 Hello everyone,

I am so sorry to arrive in the middle of your conversation, I am new and am probably doing it a little wrong ☹️
I just wanted to ask you if you could help me regarding this bag, which I just stumbled upon through IG (enjoy the silence). I am in love and praying it exists in raisin. My SA in Paris says he doesn't know. Do you know this bag? Do you have any info?
I think this is being released in April. I don't think it is coming out in raisin though because it's vernis not empreinte.

Reactions: Jordyaddict
Does anyone know if the empreinte embossing will get softer/ fade a little bit because of sunlight or something? My montaigne mm has 2 different embossing..the front has deeper embossing than the back.. the embossing on the backside is still beautiful but you can notice the difference as the embossing on the front is very deep.. does anyone of you have/had this problem? I would like to know if the front will fade a little bit so that it is similar to the back side??? I had to exchange my first montaigne due to a defect and I noticed at home that the embossing is different.. I don't want to exchange it again as I'm not feeling good to do that.. I hope I won't notice the difference anymore with time

Embossing varies from bag to bag. I have two old model empreinte speedys and two empreinte saint germain bbs. One of my speedys is deeper all around than the other. I don't wear them crossbody so it wasn't a case of flattening out- which happens from rubbing against the body. I've seen a couple posts on TPF that showed the embossing so flattened out you could barely see it. So it's very normal but always go for the embossing you like upon purchase and note that wearing anything with empreinte backing crossbody will wear down. For this reason, I love the saint germain line because the back is smooth leather, and I carry my speedys handheld. You could flatten the front out by turning your bag around, but it would probably be best to keep the deep embossing designated towards the front if you carry it crossbody- and no one will ever see the difference on the back :smile:. I think your bag looks great though! :smile:

Does anyone know if the empreinte embossing will get softer/ fade a little bit because of sunlight or something? My montaigne mm has 2 different embossing..the front has deeper embossing than the back.. the embossing on the backside is still beautiful but you can notice the difference as the embossing on the front is very deep.. does anyone of you have/had this problem? I would like to know if the front will fade a little bit so that it is similar to the back side??? I had to exchange my first montaigne due to a defect and I noticed at home that the embossing is different.. I don't want to exchange it again as I'm not feeling good to do that.. I hope I won't notice the difference anymore with time

I had the same issue when I was shopping for my Montaigne. One of the ones I checked out had amazing embossing on one side and mediocre embossing/wrinkly leather on the other side. Needless to say I opted for another Montaigne that was more consistent in both sides.

First side:IMG_1488905060.345433.jpg
Second side:IMG_1488905094.348596.jpg

Personally I don't mind if it doesn't have perfect embossing since the empreinte leather is so soft and each piece will be unique. Just find one you're ok with. I still have my Montaigne and love it [emoji4]

Reactions: luvprada
I know this is ancient, this post....but can you share your thoughts after maybe years of use? too heavy day to day (have a pm and its heavy to me) and did you get the dreaded cracking on handles and edges of bag that most did first few years it was released? I did on the pm as well......LOVE this bag and found like new GM for less than 1300.00..so giving it some real thought. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE. such limited data on the GM anywhere.
Hi! I have to admit that I don't carry this bag often and I'm not sure why. It does tend to be on the heavy side but it is quite practical for daily use. It is truly beautiful and I say at that price definitely go for it!

Hi! I have to admit that I don't carry this bag often and I'm not sure why. It does tend to be on the heavy side but it is quite practical for daily use. It is truly beautiful and I say at that price definitely go for it!
sincerely appreciate your response....and I did get in touch with reseller to inquire if the handle edges or seams of the bag had cracked at all and yup. sure enough they sent me pics and all throughout had cracks which they didn't realize, so decided a no go based on that...as have same circumstance with just the straps on mine and stops me from using it as don't want it to get worse. such a shame as I do believe the lumi is one of the best leather totes ever produced by any designer. thanks again and if you don't have those dreaded cracks then you are one of the few and very lucky!!

View attachment 3625781 Hello everyone,

Look at the spring 2017 thread...they talk about it there.

Reactions: einertia
Hi, I saw a lady with a beautiful hobo-like empreinte and suede combo style. It was stunning, in what looked like a deep raisin color. At first I thought I noticed the embossed LV but had to do a double take as it was soooo light that it was very hard to see. It dawned on me that it was empreinte leather and that is what members on tpf meant about the embossing becoming faint. It looked ironed out and flat but when the light hit it, the LVs still shined.
I cant speak on whether the sides on your bag will look even and equal. I imagine that since the inner side will rub on your body it will smooth out quicker and look less pronounced with time.
Still a beautiful bag regardless. Enjoy!
I have mentioned this before on this forum. My Empreinte Artsy (bought pre-loved but in excellent condition) never had deep embossing. You can definitely see it, but it's not pronounced. It was when I bought two Empreinte wallets from the boutique that I realized how softened the logo was on my bag. It really doesn't bother me, because when I see super deep embossing on Empreinte bags, it stands out just a bit too much for my taste. I think this is why the little booklet that came with the bag mentioned that the nature of Empreinte is to "evolve" (or something like that). That is probably LV's way of saying, "This bag is going to soften, and the logo is going to soften with it".

I have mentioned this before on this forum. My Empreinte Artsy (bought pre-loved but in excellent condition) never had deep embossing. You can definitely see it, but it's not pronounced. It was when I bought two Empreinte wallets from the boutique that I realized how softened the logo was on my bag. It really doesn't bother me, because when I see super deep embossing on Empreinte bags, it stands out just a bit too much for my taste. I think this is why the little booklet that came with the bag mentioned that the nature of Empreinte is to "evolve" (or something like that). That is probably LV's way of saying, "This bag is going to soften, and the logo is going to soften with it".
are both of the sides of your bag the same? is the embossing on both sides the same? still can't get over it that my bag has 2 diffeeenr embossing..my first bag was perfect ans the embossing was not that deep as my 2 one on the front side and i liked it.. if both sides have the same embossing i'm fine ... i had to exchange my fiest bag due to a defect and i don't feel well exchanging it the second time but due to this problem with the embossing (which is not a defect) i also don't know if i can still exchange it.. do i have also one month exchange guarantee after i exchanges the bag due to a defect?? it's 2 weeks "old" and i haven't used it.. i wanted to think about it if i can get over it but i can't:sad:

are both of the sides of your bag the same? is the embossing on both sides the same? still can't get over it that my bag has 2 diffeeenr embossing..my first bag was perfect ans the embossing was not that deep as my 2 one on the front side and i liked it.. if both sides have the same embossing i'm fine ... i had to exchange my fiest bag due to a defect and i don't feel well exchanging it the second time but due to this problem with the embossing (which is not a defect) i also don't know if i can still exchange it.. do i have also one month exchange guarantee after i exchanges the bag due to a defect?? it's 2 weeks "old" and i haven't used it.. i wanted to think about it if i can get over it but i can't:sad:
Yes, the embossing is about equal, but remember that I bought my bag pre-loved. The prior owner sold it because she found it too heavy. I have no way of knowing how deep the embossing was when she purchased it. I think that if you are unhappy with your bag, you should return it. This is an expensive bag, so I would just go for it. It doesn't hurt to ask! Please let us know what happens, and good luck!
ETA: By the way, your bag looks great to me, but it's what makes YOU happy!